In pursute of BIG Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishcrazy256, Nov 22, 2008.

1. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Headed out tomorrow about 10:00 (Sun. The 23rd) Hope the BIG Blues are hungry !!! Will let everyone know how it went. Going out of Madison, In.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck buddy, be sure to enter that biggun in the Indiana braggin' rights thread!

I'm gonna give it a shot here in a couple weeks I think.

3. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Im with ya...just a little farther north. You catch me three 20+ and I'll do the same for you, sound good? :big_smile:

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Sounds like a good trade off deal to me.:smile2:

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dr.Pepper all you would catch is a cold.... LOL

Whats up... I havent been able to sign on till now..

6. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck Pat. Hope you catch a BIGGUN

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Whats up bud... I'm limited to weekend fishin' for awhile now.

lol, damn this cold weather man, but I'll be hitting the Ohio on as many weekends as I can thru the winter so get ready for that last minute phone call- no excuses :wink:

I've been invited to S. Carolina so I'm tossin' that possiibility around in my semi balding head also.... I'll just have to fly down so I can get there, fish, and get back in 2 1/2 days....:confused2:

8. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Nevermind....I had boat issues this morning and couldnt get out. Did get it started, just not till about 1:00pm. Just a word of advice to others. Get some of those "mickey mouse ears" for your outdrive and warm up your boat before leaving the house(esp. on a cold morning). My boat has never taking a crap on me before, had no reason to believe it would. But the fact I always warm it up before leaving saved me a pointless drive down to the river today.

Pat I hope you caught six 20+ and had a blast! I know tbull had a good day yesterday up around Natti. Hope that big blue, cold water bite is in full effect.

9. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck to you brother.....I hope you catch the mother of all Bluecats!!! We have left our Flathead hole and started after the Blues in our winter time hole. So far a 16.9lb'er by Griz and several smaller ones. Hopefully we will connect soon with a Monster. We have all winter ahead of us and hopefully it will prove to be a great time!!!!:big_smile:

10. catfishcrazy256

State:
    Indiana
    Well Chris: Heres the report, It sucked today we had live shad, cut shad, fresh skipjack, & live bluegill Tryed drifting a while & anchord in three good spots ... Heres the kicker, had two small bites all day, damm its been a bad year... I think I forgot how to fish LOL... Oh well better days to come ? I Hope !!!:sad2::eek:oooh::crazy::0a32::beat_brick::beat_shot:

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    damn im glad i stayed home listening to 3 fighting kids instead of fishing today :smile2::smile2:

12. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    s

13. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Man that sucks....I've had a rough year too. Matter of fact thats how I stumbled upon this website, looking for answers to my fishing woes. The river itself hasnt been much help either. The good news, got some rain/snow headed our way for the next fews days. Then supposed to be nice towards then end of the week and into the weekend. Give it another shot I guess and just hope things change. Good luck brother!

14. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well pat! i know you know, how to catch fish ole buddy! whats up ? is there any current yet? those fish should be on fire!

15. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'm glad to see the Ohio river guys back! I think I forgot how to fish to. Markland,Madison,Cannelton they've all become a challenge for me! Won,t be long and somebody will be posting a Big winter BLUE! I hope its me.

16. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i seen a post that some of the henderson guys popped some nice blues today in the high 40s...

17. catfishcrazy256

State:
    Indiana
    W
    Well Steve-0 , I dont know! A year ago today I caught a 68# er I have had the worst yr. I have ever had... To answer your question theres a little current,not much though ! Water temp. was 48. Your right they should be really turning on right now... I think the water has been low so long and plenty of bait in the river, there just not hungry ? Any Ideas ??? :confused2:

18. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    We fished the Ohio a little south of you guys and managed 95lbs sat. and 70 on Sun. Bite is still slow though!!:confused2:

Attached Files:

19. catfishcrazy256

State:
    Indiana
    Nice looking Blues Scott, My times commin... Hope its soon, Been a long dry spell !!! Going to try it again this weekend if its not to bad out.. What kind of Sea-Ark is that in your picture ? I have a 20 ft. V-Cat with a 150 Suzuki:0a23:

20. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Identical with mine Pat :wink:. Got the red paint. I absolutely love it!!! I got it about 3 months ago.