In need of some water!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by LONE STAR, Aug 5, 2008.

1. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    For those of you who know me I finally made and have enjoyed a short stay however my kids are still itching to go out and catch some texas catfish. So we are going to set out tomorrow morning to try and catch some. I am staying in Luling about 25 min from San Marcos does anybody have a clue as to where I can put my kids and a friend on some cats for fun. Any advice is good advice and I'm in a time crunch. I will be checking through out the night so feel free to PM if you like.

2. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Welcome back to Texas, I don't fish that area but I'll look around for some post and see if I can send you some links.
    Have a good time.

Rubes

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I hope you find some info soon, we will keep bumping this post to the top! Good luck

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    The river rigt there in Luling is a good place, if you go to the rv park just outside of town there is the office they have pics of huge flatheads outta that river, if not you can go to the lakes in Austin or Del valle( decker lake, Travis lake) just about 40 minutes north of you, then there is Lake Bastrop not too far on 71 in Bastrop, that is a nice park!!!!hope that helps
    Just look on Texas Parks & wildlife website, they list all the bodies of water for every region

5. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Hello to all and thanks for the replies. We went out this morning to the damn here in Luling and had a blast catching some small channel cats unfortunetly my son drop our camera while trying to take a picture of his sister reeling in a cat. I do plan on going out a few more time here in the next few days before heading out on Tuesday of next week and head out to AZ. Keep the locations coming and thanks again.