In Need of some tips

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by flatcathnter15, Sep 9, 2009.

1. flatcathnter15

flatcathnter15 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm without a boat right now. and i'm lookin for some spots fairly easy to get to so i can fish from the bank. any suggestions would be awsome, Thanks, i'm in the jacksonville area.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Troy, Jacksonville, NC? Is that where you live?

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Wilmington Cape Fear river banks

4. flatcathnter15

flatcathnter15 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    yup sure is unfortunatly

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri Troy.

6. fitzh2o

fitzh2o New Member

State:
    Hubert, NC
    Unfortunatly there aren't very many spots close to j-ville. I hear the bridge by the USO produces eaters with schrimp. Haywood landing off 58 in the Croatan produces eaters sometimes as well. Fatflattie catches some nice ones from the dock at Sutton on occation, he might be able to PM you some of his tricks for that. :wink: Myself and a few of my buddies have boats and your more than welcome to come when we go, but we've been hitting the salth2o lately. plus my boat is stuck in the New River Marina till I get a new trailer. I'll hit you with a PM if we have room next time we go out.

The base also stocks some of their ponds with good sized eaters as well.

I've also heard that the dock at Spring garden on the Neuse has produced nice fish in the past but can't speak 1st hand on that.

Hope this helps or persuades you to look into a boat.:0a23:

7. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    We run down to Elizabethtown once or twice a month its only a hour drive from Jacksonville . you can fish from a bank well there if you dont have a boat. we use live ells and brim. You can also try the rock quarry in maysville.

8. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    lock 3....up about 15-20 minutes or so from lock 2.....huge sand bar.......hard to get off the end of bar casting but you hear of a few nice ones from time to time!

9. CRAPPIEMAN

CRAPPIEMAN New Member

State:
    GASTONIA N
    Welcome to the BOC