IN Need OF Cat tails any one have any

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by catfishermanstiles, Feb 26, 2008.

1. catfishermanstiles

catfishermanstiles New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    in need of cattails for my bait almost out of bait sure could use some if someone could help woulg give some bait or pay shipping or what ever might work out but if you can help in need of it thanks Catfishermanstiles

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Do ya just need the heads? If so PM me and i'll send ya a sack full.Shippin couldn't be all that much.

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hmmmmmm...... sounds like homemade punchbait to me. Care to share the recipe????:wink:

4. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Ok, I'll bite... Do you mean the Cattail plants? Does that help with the consistency of the punch bait?

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Cattail fibers is what they used to use in Danny Kings and other punch bait. Danny Kings went to a synthetic fiber to hold it on the hook better.

6. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    if countryhart don't get them for you i can-aged and ready to strip off. thats what i use in my bait also. I have used kapok from the old life vests also if you happen to find any of them, gotta be the old orange ones.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Talking about the brown thingie on the top that looks like a cooked sausage, except that it's straight, rather than curved. When you break it apart, you get huge amounts of fuzz, which is great for stiffening up punch bait.

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Got to looking, and here are some pictures of cattails.

Attached Files:

9. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I got it now.... Used to trip over these things when I was growing up in Iowa. They were all over. I don't see them around McKinney, but I have see them in east Texas...

10. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Hey Marshall, I never did get the payment for the postage so just go ahead and send me a quart of the bait for the cattails that I sent You..

11. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i have been looking for some also can any1 help?

12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Guys I use cattails in my punch bait also but sometimes even here in Kansas they can be hard to get.

I bought some of them looper rigs from Team Catfish a couple of weeks ago and let me tell you they work.You jam that down in the bait and it is loaded.You can cast it with-out the bait coming off.And 15 - 30 min later when you bring it back in it still has bait on it.

i'm sold of them never did like messing with mixing the cattails in the bait all the time.

Give them a try I think you will agree.