In need of a radiator

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by james_s333, Feb 14, 2007.

1. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i wasnt sure how to post this under the wanted adds so i figured this would be the next best place....i need a radiator for a 1977 f100,300 straight 6...it must be 18 1/2x18 1/2...im tring to restore a truck from the year i was born and this is the only part i am having trouble gettin...i hope you all can help in some way cause i already tried junk yards and radiator dealerships with no luck

2. shaddaddi

shaddaddi New Member

State:
    smith mountain lake,VA
    Automatic transmission?

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    There's an old Ford out at my Bro in law's. I'll check on it someday this week and get back with you. Not sure of the year or if it is a 6 or 8 cylinder.

4. KNOTHEAD

KNOTHEAD New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Try trucktraderonline sometimes you can find hard to get parts there or ebay!

5. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    im sry i forgot to add it is a three on the tree

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    naw it has three on the tree...i wish it was auto so my girl could drive it in the winter but i will have to teach her

7. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Why mess with a used radiator you can purchase a new one from your local NAPA store for about $200.00, Part # NR 397. Exactily the same size ya need.

8. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i would love to but i cant afford to pay 200.00 right now bills are high and i have to kids that call for alot......so,i'll go with the cheaper for now and when i can and need to i'll get a new one

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    try junkyardog.com..You can input what you need and the email is sent to junk yards all over the country, then the junk yards will get back to you, thats what i did on an alternator that i was having problems getting...I used junk yard dog, and found the part the next day after looking for about 3 weeks with no luck.