In need of a little prayer... please.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by cattinfever999, Dec 1, 2006.

1. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I debated a long time about posting a prayer request. I didn’t want to burden anyone with my problems. I thought that I should stay strong and handle things on my own. I come from a very long line of stubborn, strong-willed and private people, but I think the time has come for me to ask for help. Things are getting harder to handle on my own without the strength that prayer can achieve.
    My family has had a really tough year. My daughter decided to move to her fathers for a while, but luckily she came back. Unfortunately, her father is taking it out on the both of us, because she came home. She was also recently diagnosed with Epilepsy. She is taking so much medicine, but it doesn’t seem to help. I took her last week to have an MRI and EEG. We’re waiting for the results. My Dad’s cancer came back on his face. We took him to have it removed, yesterday. He couldn’t have the surgery because a knot had just appeared on his neck. The doctors did a biopsy and CT scan instead. I got a call from my Mom today telling me to come over. I knew what it was. I called Vern(vlparrish) and he came home and drove me over. My Dad said that the doctor called and told him that it didn’t look good. The knot was a lymph node. The cancer had spread to his throat, tongue and around behind his ear. It may have spread farther, but he only had the Ct scan on his neck/head. He told us that the doctor was trying to get him in for surgery ASAP. We should hear something by Monday. My Dad said that the doctor also mentioned chemo and radiation. Then he said that he wouldn’t take them. He didn’t want to suffer. He lost his younger brother( Handlonhardpack’s father) earlier this year. I’ve managed not to cry(except for one slip on the ride home), but the thought of my dad giving up(at only 54yrs old) has me mad and scared. Sorry for the long winded story, but if I could please ask for your prayers for good results for my daughters tests and for my Dad’s health, I would truly appreciate it.
    Kelli

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent for you and your family Kelli. I am sorry to hear about your daughter and father. Remember that God will not give you more then you can handle.

If there is anything I can do let me know. Keep the faith and keep us posted.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will be praying for you.I completely understand.But you know what it is completely ok to cry. It feels good to get that pressure off your chest.Hang tough Kelli girl and know that God is always in control---------SisterPat

4. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from KY. Ask for prayer anytime that is what family is for. Remember GOD is able to do all things.

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Sis, I'm sorry for your troubles but don't try to carry all the load by yourself. Let us help, we'll do what we can and remember it is an honor and blessing to pray for you and your family. God bless you all.

st

Thank you God for being a loving and caring God. You are awesome! Please take extra special care of Kelli's family and guide them through these obstacles. All healing comes from you and the price has already been paid. Glory to you Name.

6. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My families Heart and prayers go out to you and your loved ones. My son is now 5 and has been diagnosed with epilepsy for around 2 years or so. If I can help with any questions PM me. There is no shame in crying. It may take a stong person to hide thier emotions but it takes a stronger person to show them!

God Bless and keep your family strong.

Rob

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    im sorry sis i had no clue what was going on in your life of course i dont pry . il do all i can and help any way i can all you need do is ask and it shall be done , im cryin now and praying both that God will help and guide you thru this and that every thing works out for the best . your brother inlaw chuck

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :sad_2a:
    Hey Kelli,
    I just wanted you to know that Shania:0010: & myself will be sending out our prayers from California
    &
    It will all work out because we have a :worship: "Great & Caring God"!

But please keep us up-dated on your Daughter & Dad. :cross:

Take Care of yourself (Please)
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Kelli,

Love, prayers and hugs sent to KY from TN.

PM me if there is anything you need or if you just want to talk.

God bless,
    Cheryl

10. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    There is absolutely nothing our GOD can't do. His Grace is sufficient.

Take your troubles and lay them down at the Feet of JESUS, then walk away. Don't ever go back and pick them back up, saying, well I think I can handle that now.

Faith is what you and your Family need right now. Prayer does work, but you must believe in your heart. GOD already knows what you and your Family needs are. He is right there beside you waiting for you to call on his name.
    I lift up your Daughter and your Dad in prayer. May GOD touch them with his mighty healing hand, and may he give comfort to all your Family...

Remember, GOD is in control of ALL thing...

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry to here about the family problems brother, hange in there

12. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Prayers out from Iowa .

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Prayers from Ohio and don't ever feel badly about asking for help and support from your BOC brothers and sisters. It is this that makes us a family.

Prayers and well wishes during this time of strife.

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am so sorry to hear this, Kelli!!! You and Vern Hang in there!!!

We will keep your family in or thoughts and prayers!!!

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kelli prayers from our house for your daughter and father. We ask that God will take control and resolve these problems. God Bless and never fail to ask this family for prayers and help.

16. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am sure God answer all prayers, so folks lets keep them coming.

17. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Kelli,
    I am sorry to hear of the situation with your daughter and father.
    Don't ever hesitate to ask for prayers. That is what family is for and we are your BOC Family!
    Most of all, believe, trust, and place all your faith in God. Turn these burdens over to Him. He will not give you more than you can handle. He knows what is best and He will see that the best is done even if that may be what we would not choose.
    Please let me know if I can lend a shoulder, or a listening ear, etc. My thoughts and prayers are sent for you and your family.
    Hang in there sis.
    Hugs,
    Barb

18. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Kelli, I am so sorry to hear about all this. I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

I know that I am a long ways from you guys, but if there is ANYTHING I can do, let me know, please.

19. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I want to thank all of you for your kind words and your thoughts and prayers.
    I woke up around 6am this morning and finally allowed myself to cry. Vernon woke up and held me. Bless his heart. He drives me up a wall, but he was there when I needed him.

I found out, today, that Dad's got 2 types of cancer. The melanomia on his face and a different type around his throat, tongue, etc. I'm going to try and leave my worries in God's hands. I know that he won't give me more than I can handle.

Again.....THANK YOU.

P.S. Here's a pic of my parents, clowning around at my Aunt's house in July.

Attached Files:

20. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Much respect for keeping your head up. Prayers from WV.