In need of a Good Thought or Prayer...

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by catfishjohn, Mar 13, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hate to ask this but I've been feeling so bad I figured I would. I've been sick for about 3 weeks now.I've not been able to eat more than a couple bites of food a day and I have to make myself eat that much.I've been nauseated,stomach/chest pains and generally felt bad. I went to the Dr. today and found out I had lost 11lbs since I had seen him last.I figured it out,I had lost 10 of those lbs in this 3 weeks.He seemed pretty concerned and has me scheduled for blood work,CT scans,Upper GI,Ultrasound and a few other things on my stomach,gall bladder and pancreas.If you all wouldn't mind,have a good thought or say a Prayer. Its greatly appreciated. I go Fri. for the CT scan and next week for all the other tests.I hope its just my hiatal hernia acting up and nothing worse!

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Prayers sent for ya from Oklahoma!!!

3. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    wish you the best and hope you get to feeling better.....you need to be back on the water settin some hooks...:wink: ill say one for ya and im sure plenty other fellas/gals on here will too....good luck

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    You got it Bro. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Just wondering - Did you eat any of that bad peanutbutter? I know 2 ppl that got sick from it and they both had the same kind of trouble your having.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

No,I haven't had any of that brand.I usually eat Jif and haven't had any of that in months. I appreciate it though.This seems like something more than that.Not sure what but it sure does suck!!!

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

Have him check for what I told you on your rep points, just now. Speedy recovery!

Prayers from TN to KY,
    Cheryl

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Hope you get to feeling better man, hope its nothing too serious.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    John you will be in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully it will not take long or be to serious.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I almost forgot.Wish me Luck. Fri. morning before the CT scans I have to drink a 15.2oz bottle of some kind of berry smoothie flavored Barium 2 hours before the test. 1 more an hour before the test and another right before the scan. I don't see this happening.It takes me a couple hours to drink a can of Dew right now...:confused2: :sad2:

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    From what I've heard you'r going to need it. Thats supposed to be some nasty stuff. Good luck Friday.

11. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Prayers from Nebraska.

12. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Prayers sent for ya from Kansas. Been there done that and to date all tests are fine. Hang in there, Could Just be nothing. Might try adding some boost or Ensure to your diet. It'll help maintain your weight. Seems like life just tries to Kick the Hell out of Us some times. When it does, Just fight back. Need help, Feel free to call on us all to stand with you. Were else you going to find more people were the Big Kickin Boots, with gor-tex incase it gets deep.
    P.M. if you like.
    :boss: ​

13. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    John,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been feelin so bad! Thanks for sharing your needs with us and asking for prayer.. will be sure to remember you daily, for relief of that pain and for healing.
    That barium stuff is tough, but if you can, just block it out by thinkin on your favorite flavor milkshake or whatever and chug it down.
    Try to think about how good it will be to get this resolved and start feelin better! Wishing you great blessings through this...

Carolyn

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I don't think the taste will be that bad.I've drank the unflavored stuff before for an upper GI.The hard part will be forcing myself to drink and be able to keep down 3 bottles of that stuff! My stomach has probably shrank to nothing by now...:confused2:

15. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah, I understand, John.
    Had a deal a few years back where my appendix burst, but for 6 weeks they didn't know that's what it was. Fever, couldn't eat.. Anyhow, needed a couple ct's through the whole mess, as the docs tried to figure out what was happening, and it seemed impossible to be able to hold all that liquid... but it's amazing how motivated ya are when you just want to get to the bottom of it all and get it over with. I have every confidence in you ... and in God :wink:
    Without Him, I wouldn't be here, for sure.

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent buddy, hope you get feeling better.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'll be keeping you in my prayers John get well soon brother!

18. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Prayers sent from southwest Missouri.

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thank You all so much!!! Its great to have such a great family as you all are. I can't express in words how much I appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers! I'll let you all know whats going on when I find out something.
    Thank You and God Bless you all!!! :0a31:

20. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John, Praying for good news for ya, here in Iowa.