In memory of my Brother Larry Wayne Howser

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Cheryl, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I got awakened this morning to the news that the one brother I was closest to all my life, was dead.

It still has not hit me yet, as I had to go over Mom's and inform her, and be strong for her. I just left her for a few minutes and have so much to do, I'm not sure what to do first. Mom hasn't gotten over the shock stage yet but when she does, I have to be there with her, as she has congestive heart failure.

He was going to turn 60 in Nov. but always said he was 18, because he was born on the 18th.

The poem "If I Knew" posted by Ace yesterday, applies here so much. The only disagreement he and I ever had was back in May and I had not spoken to him since, even though he left me a message on my cell phone one day, telling me about something my son was searching for. I never returned his call and now will regret it for the rest of my days. I'm sure he knew how much I loved him even though we were yelling at each other the last time we saw one another. He just really hurt me by saying something about my Mom that I just couldn't believe he said. But I realize he hasn't been himself since he had prostate surgery a few years back. It just did something to him. His memory went, his normal behaviour left him, and he was in a lot of physical and probably mental stress. I only wish I could have told him I forgave him for what he said.

He is in a much better place than we are, because if there is a Heaven, then he is surely there, now, wishing we didn't feel so much pain over his loss.

I'm sorry but I had to get some of this out of my heart and try to get the pain to stop.

Pray for Mom and his wife and 2 sons. They just celebrated their 41st wedding anniversary and both sons have a birthday this month. I have never asked for prayer here before but I know what the power of prayer can do, so send up a thought, a prayer, a kind word, for relief for Mom and his family, that only a higher power can provide.

Thanks so much, in advance, for being there for them.

Take care.
    Cheryl

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with with and your family.

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

So sorry to hear about your brother, Cheryl. Don't beat yourself up over water under the bridge, just remember all the good times you had together and focus on that as much as you can. Positive thoughts and prayers from NC for you and your entire family.....

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about your loss Cheryl, be strong and we will be praying for you and your family.

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Its very hard to lose a brother , I lost mine 2 yrs a go . Its strange that I had a dream lastnight that I was crying over his loss . My thoughts are with you .
    Brian

6. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    My thought are with you. Be strong!!

Josh

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks a bunch, guys and gals.

I am now trying to grieve prior to going back to Mom's.

Take care.

8. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Cheryl,
    Forgive yourself for the disagreement you guys had, I am sure he did. I am also sure he knew how much you loved him. I'm very happy to hear you feel he was saved & therefore in Heaven. It is a MUCH better place than this earth. I'll remember you, your mom & the rest of the family in my prayers. I'm sending good positive thoughts your way, in hopes that they will help strengthen you at this time.
    Lisa
    "Eternal Rest Grant Unto Him O Lord. And Let Perpetual Light Shine Upon Him."

9. jholman

jholman New Member

State:
    Columbus Mississippi
    Prayers go out to you and your family from Mississippi.

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Prayer sent for you your mom and His family yes cheryl there is a Heaven times like this is when we need the lord the most he is with you now and will carry you though this time:big_smile:

11. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Be strong girl I will say a prayer for you. He knew you still loved him.

12. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Our thoughts are with you and yours. Faith does wonders, hang on to it..

13. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Cheryl,
    I am so sorry to here this. We will be thinking about, and praying for your whole family. Take Care

14. Angelcat

Angelcat New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sorry to hear about that, prayers are with all of you.

15. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Cheryl, we are so sorry to learn of your loss. Bless your heart, we will be praying for you, your mom, and your brother's family. Remember the good times.

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Prayers sent from Ohio, sorry to hear of your loss.

PS. There IS a Heaven and he was there before you got the call.:003:

17. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Prayers for you and your family from the Davis family.

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Cheryl,I'm sorry to hear of your loss.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for all the white light and prayers. They are appreciated more than you realize.

Mom and I went to see his wife and sons. His wife said they were going to yard sales, as they do almost every Sat. and he was feelin' better than he had felt in a long time. He was jokin' and laughin' with her. When they left a yard sale, he was driving, and he called out her name. Not realizin' something was wrong, but that he was trying to put the car in park, she told him they were still movin' and then realized something was wrong.(He thought about her until the end. Thank the Lord, he didn't wreck and kill her. He accomplished his last thought. ) She put her foot on the brake and put it into P, out of R. She couldn't get him to respond, so she tried to call 911 on her cell phone, which wouldn't work in the remote area. She had to run to a neighbors house and have them call. She said he was gone before the life saving crew got there.

At least he didn't suffer long. He suffered a massive heart attack. I should have put 2 and 2 together that with his leg pain it was heart related. He took 4 BP pills a day. I just thought after his prostate surgery that the leg pain was from a surgical problem at the VA. I couldn't see the forest for the trees, because we had a man at work die from the same thing and I told him his pain was heart related, not gout. Too late now , but knowing my Brother, he probably knew and didn't want to tell anyone. His wife and son said they didn't know he had heart problems. Just so y'all know, anyone on BP meds has heart problems in one way or another.

I believe he knew I loved him and he probably didn't even remember the conversation we had in May, because like I said previously, since his surgery, he couldn't remember anything much anymore. When he left the message on my phone a few weeks back, he spoke as though he didn't remember it.

I know he is in a much better place, but it is still hard on the one's left behind. When Dad died, we were expecting it and thanked God for each second, but an unexpected death, takes on a harder hurt, somehow.

I have 3 brothers trying to get in town, so I don't know when he will be buried. All I know at the moment is that because he was a veteran, they took his body to another hospital in a town close by. His wife doesn't know why, as he is not going to be buried in the veterans graveyard in Johnson City. He will be buried near my Dad and about a quarter mile from his home in the country.

Thanks again.
    And especially thank you for lettin' me ramble, as there is no one for me to talk to about all of this in my hometown.

I don't always post on the prayer requests, as I posted before but I do send out the prayers and read as many as I can. I feel as though those prayers I've sent out, are coming back to me triple fold.

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl,

We send our condolences and prayers for you and family.