In Japan

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by mperry, Aug 25, 2006.

1. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey all
    I am currently in Japan and will be here another week so no fishing. Fill me in on what everyone is catching. Can't wait to get back home so I can go mself.

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mike here in nothern Tennessee the summer temps just this week started giving us a break, highs in the 80s the water temp is also droping so more guys are fishing a little harder. I believe the hot weather fishing has been beter this year. More guys are fishing the mid day hours and finding big fish than last year. DH lives closer to you and he reported last week that he thought it would be picking up soon, he fishes the Ohio quite often. I have read reports of more big fish comming from the norh east this year also and I just can't stop hearing about the James in Virginia. These are reports I am repeting.

I am known to be the worst catfisherman in Tennessee and fish mostly the Cumberland river. I have caught a personal best blue cat 2 times this summer. As temps. lower I get more involved, Maybe I'll get the big one this year .

I have friends in Pike county Indiana and am planning a trip there sometime before winter, We will fish the area around Petersburg and Washington and maybe a trip to Patoka lake.

Have a safe trip home.

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Mike, why don't you fool around a little bit with those big Gold fish over there? There must be some in the fountain in front of your hotel. lol:lol: :big_smile:

4. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Actually there are a few around here. It would take a hell of a catfish to swallow some of them. Think maybe they are Japanese food over here:lol:

5. HoosierPoleCat

HoosierPoleCat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey Mike if you think about it bring back some Kimshi....I'm sure you can find some. And everyone agreed that the fishing is on a hold till you get back {crossing fingers behind back} :0a10:

6. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Mike, sorry but i guess we have head start on you buddy.lmao . actually the flatties are slow biting here. but I'll try to catch you big one tomorrow night. have a safe trip back

7. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    What part of Japan are you in Mike?

8. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Right now I am in Toyota City and will be here the rest of the trip. Been hanging around Nagoya some also. I wanted to take the bullet to Tokyo but probably not going to happen. Fishman have you ever fished at Patoka? I try to get over there as much as possible.
    gcarlin I hope you catch more than one. I am heading back Friday so I will probably sleep the weekend away. Hoosier, what is Kimshi. Ive had so much stuff over here I've never heard of I don't know what anything is. Did have pizza tonight that was pretty good.:big_smile: :big_smile:

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Toyota
    Nagoya
    Tokyo
    Patoka

Which one doesn't belong??? :wink: :roll_eyes: :big_smile: lol

10. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kyle, what part of Japan you in right now. I am staying at the Toyota Prestige hotel.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mike. I have never fished there but I did help build it, well I ran a crew that put up the fencing around the different areas that had to be protected for a few years to keep people out when the fish stocking started. We put up many miles of fenceing and I seen many tankers of fish put in that lake. From what I understand when the lake was to open several years later most of the fence was to come down. The fencing and stocking was done very early on when there was very little water in places.

12. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have never caught anything big there but you can find catfish just about anywhere. Here lately because of the heat we have been fishing around the marinas under the lights. Crappie and a few catfish by doing this. If it starts cooling down the bite should pick up.:smile2: