In Iraq, need support

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brother hilljack, Mar 6, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hello all, I am currently the Platoon Leader for a 25 man Infantry platoon located in Northwest Bahgdad. My boys here are not enjoying the luxaries that you read about in the paper and I would like to call on my Brother/Sisters from the BOC to help my boys out. They work 15-20 hours a day without complaining and ALWAYS do whatever they are ask without hesitation. This is my attempt to help them out and to provide them with some small luxaries from home. If you are interested in showing support to members of my platoon we can be reached at the following address. I will attempt (time permitting) to show the work that we are accomplishing over here so you all can see the GOOD things that our service (and your support) are accomplishing!

1LT Shane Smith
    C co 1-75 CAV
    2 BCT, 101 ABN DIV
    Unit 43488
    APO AE 09344

Thank you very much for your support!

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Lt what all could you use over there?

3. Smijen

Smijen New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good morning Shane.I am very proud of the guys over there please make a list of anything I can send to help

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think thats a great Idea, Shane ,just let us know what to send and I'm sure the many members here will help all we can.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
  6. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree please post a list of what would help, My family and i are very appreciative of the sacrifice you and the rest of the armed forces has made. And if we could do something to show that ..it would be good for us.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Please make up a list of things you all can use.I don't have much,but be happy to help if at all possible. God Bless you and your Patoon for what your doing over there.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Pencil me in too. I'm more than willing. Make a list and i'm certain the brotherhood will help out.

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    We will keep checking back to see what we can do to help.

10. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i know what it is like over there and i will send a care package with all the neccisities and a few extra "goodies" in it for the troops. good luck and let us know if you need anything. if you have a chance, go by Al Asad and talk to Ordnance Marine Sgt Withrow. Tell him SSgt Walsh sent you and he can get you whatever you need.

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Joey, could you please list some necessities and "goodies" you think our men and women in uniform could use/would like? I know when Major D (Darrell) was over there, he said powdered Gatorade and foot powder were two sought after items. Thanks for your help.

12. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    foot powder is a big one. the kind in the light green bottle is the kind i liked the most. it had menthol in it to help make your feet feel cool in your boots. forgto the brand name, but they also make body powder.

here is a list of items we always like getting:

foot powder
    gatorade powder
    powerbars
    magazines (maxxim, stuff, FHM, muscle mags, guns and ammo, etc.)
    pringles
    home made cookies and brownies
    shaving cream (the good kind like edge)
    toothbrush and tooth paste
    disposable razors (three blade, the 1 and 2 blades really tear up your skin in a desert environment)
    antibacterial hand cleanser (the kind you dont need to use water with. there are many germs and bacteria over there that will play a number on your digestive track)
    cigarettes (marlboro lights especially)
    smokeless tobacco (dip- copenhagen and skoal are a favorite)
    candy bars (snickers, baby ruth, 3 musketeers, etc.)

these are just a few items that go farily quickly over there. it is always nice to get these and have them on hand. hope this helps.

13. bankslot

bankslot New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the list Sgt. Any thing more you need LT?

14. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Those are great, Joey. I recently sent a box with these requested items. They seemed to have been a hit with the guys/gals too.

Beef Jerky
    Sunflower seeds
    Fishing Mags
    Little Debbie cakes/cookies
    Foot Powder (already mentioned)

I also added a picture with the recording thing in the frame. It had my kids singing the National Anthem and saying Thank you.
    This was a terrific opportunity for my children to learn a little bit about what our soldiers are doing and doing without.

15. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    As a Navy Vet , I say thanks to everyone who supports our troops.

16. SSgt Fishslayer

State:
    south carolina
    oh yeah i almost forgot a few things that were also a big hit.

beef jerky
    easy cheese
    ritz crackers
    peanut butter
    instant oatmeal (the flavored variety packs. you can eat them dry right out of the pack.)
    any kind of dry snack foods are also big (chex mix, do-dads, cheese-its, wheat things)

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I'll start putting a care package together for you guys right away. If you need anything in particular be sure to let know brother.

18. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm with everyone else Shane, get a list posted and we'll see what we can do for you and the troops. Keep safe brother.

19. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for all the response and support. Much more than I expected. That's just one more reason to the support the BOC!!. The list circulating is really good. I hesitate to ask for anything specific, but the guys need enterntainment: magazines, books, small hand held games (small ones). Again thanks for the support.

The boys are doing great! We have had a busy week, but I can say that we have detained 3 actual "bad guys" within our zone this week alone. Not too bad for a weeks work. This is only a dent in what needs to be done. Our sector contains over 200,000 people. The list of targets is long, but I can assure you we are thinning them out. Thanks again and God Bless!!

20. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Brother Shane, count me in. This will be a good way for me to show my grandson what a GREAT COUNTRY and ARMED FORCES we have. Thank you and your men for what your enduring for us. Prayers coming also for all troops and your family's!!!