Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am currently the Platoon Leader for a 25 man Infantry platoon located in Northwest Bahgdad. My boys here are not enjoying the luxaries that you read about in the paper and I would like to call on my Brother/Sisters from the BOC to help my boys out. They work 15-20 hours a day without complaining and ALWAYS do whatever they are ask without hesitation. This is my attempt to help them out and to provide them with some small luxaries from home. If you are interested in showing support to members of my platoon we can be reached at the following address. I will attempt (time permitting) to show the work that we are accomplishing over here so you all can see the GOOD things that our service (and your support) are accomplishing!

1LT Shane Smith
C co 1-75 CAV
2 BCT, 101 ABN DIV
Unit 43488
APO AE 09344

Thank you very much for your support!

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
I think thats a great Idea, Shane ,just let us know what to send and I'm sure the many members here will help all we can.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I agree please post a list of what would help, My family and i are very appreciative of the sacrifice you and the rest of the armed forces has made. And if we could do something to show that ..it would be good for us.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Please make up a list of things you all can use.I don't have much,but be happy to help if at all possible. God Bless you and your Patoon for what your doing over there.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i know what it is like over there and i will send a care package with all the neccisities and a few extra "goodies" in it for the troops. good luck and let us know if you need anything. if you have a chance, go by Al Asad and talk to Ordnance Marine Sgt Withrow. Tell him SSgt Walsh sent you and he can get you whatever you need.

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
i know what it is like over there and i will send a care package with all the neccisities and a few extra "goodies" in it for the troops. good luck and let us know if you need anything. if you have a chance, go by Al Asad and talk to Ordnance Marine Sgt Withrow. Tell him SSgt Walsh sent you and he can get you whatever you need.
Joey, could you please list some necessities and "goodies" you think our men and women in uniform could use/would like? I know when Major D (Darrell) was over there, he said powdered Gatorade and foot powder were two sought after items. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
foot powder is a big one. the kind in the light green bottle is the kind i liked the most. it had menthol in it to help make your feet feel cool in your boots. forgto the brand name, but they also make body powder.

here is a list of items we always like getting:

foot powder
gatorade powder
powerbars
magazines (maxxim, stuff, FHM, muscle mags, guns and ammo, etc.)
pringles
home made cookies and brownies
shaving cream (the good kind like edge)
toothbrush and tooth paste
disposable razors (three blade, the 1 and 2 blades really tear up your skin in a desert environment)
antibacterial hand cleanser (the kind you dont need to use water with. there are many germs and bacteria over there that will play a number on your digestive track)
cigarettes (marlboro lights especially)
smokeless tobacco (dip- copenhagen and skoal are a favorite)
candy bars (snickers, baby ruth, 3 musketeers, etc.)

these are just a few items that go farily quickly over there. it is always nice to get these and have them on hand. hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the list Sgt. Any thing more you need LT?

foot powder is a big one. the kind in the light green bottle is the kind i liked the most. it had menthol in it to help make your feet feel cool in your boots. forgto the brand name, but they also make body powder.

here is a list of items we always like getting:

foot powder
gatorade powder
powerbars
magazines (maxxim, stuff, FHM, muscle mags, guns and ammo, etc.)
pringles
home made cookies and brownies
shaving cream (the good kind like edge)
toothbrush and tooth paste
disposable razors (three blade, the 1 and 2 blades really tear up your skin in a desert environment)
antibacterial hand cleanser (the kind you dont need to use water with. there are many germs and bacteria over there that will play a number on your digestive track)
cigarettes (marlboro lights especially)
smokeless tobacco (dip- copenhagen and skoal are a favorite)
candy bars (snickers, baby ruth, 3 musketeers, etc.)

these are just a few items that go farily quickly over there. it is always nice to get these and have them on hand. hope this helps.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Those are great, Joey. I recently sent a box with these requested items. They seemed to have been a hit with the guys/gals too.

Beef Jerky
Sunflower seeds
Fishing Mags
Little Debbie cakes/cookies
Foot Powder (already mentioned)

I also added a picture with the recording thing in the frame. It had my kids singing the National Anthem and saying Thank you.
This was a terrific opportunity for my children to learn a little bit about what our soldiers are doing and doing without.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Those are great, Joey. I recently sent a box with these requested items. They seemed to have been a hit with the guys/gals too.

Beef Jerky
Sunflower seeds
Fishing Mags
Little Debbie cakes/cookies
Foot Powder (already mentioned)

I also added a picture with the recording thing in the frame. It had my kids singing the National Anthem and saying Thank you.
This was a terrific opportunity for my children to learn a little bit about what our soldiers are doing and doing without.
oh yeah i almost forgot a few things that were also a big hit.

beef jerky
easy cheese
ritz crackers
peanut butter
instant oatmeal (the flavored variety packs. you can eat them dry right out of the pack.)
any kind of dry snack foods are also big (chex mix, do-dads, cheese-its, wheat things)

·
Registered
7,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the response and support. Much more than I expected. That's just one more reason to the support the BOC!!. The list circulating is really good. I hesitate to ask for anything specific, but the guys need enterntainment: magazines, books, small hand held games (small ones). Again thanks for the support.

The boys are doing great! We have had a busy week, but I can say that we have detained 3 actual "bad guys" within our zone this week alone. Not too bad for a weeks work. This is only a dent in what needs to be done. Our sector contains over 200,000 people. The list of targets is long, but I can assure you we are thinning them out. Thanks again and God Bless!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Brother Shane, count me in. This will be a good way for me to show my grandson what a GREAT COUNTRY and ARMED FORCES we have. Thank you and your men for what your enduring for us. Prayers coming also for all troops and your family's!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.