In god we trust

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Jul 17, 2006.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    I THINK THIS A GREAT IDEA. I WILL START WRITING THIS ON FRONT OF ALL MY ENVELOPES, TOO!

You may have heard in the news that the Post Office ha s been forced to take down small posters that say "IN GOD WE TRUST . "
    The law, they say, is being violated.

Anyway, I heard proposed on a radio station show, that we should all write "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the back of all our mail...after all, that is our national motto, and it's on all the money we use to buy those stamps. I think it is a wonderful idea.

We must take back our nation from all the people who think that anything that offends them should be removed.

If you like this idea, please pass it on and DO IT The idea of writing or stamping "IN GOD WE TRUST" on our envelopes sounds good to me. I'M HAVING MY STAMP MADE TODAY!
    It has been reported that 86% of Americans believe in God. Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mes about having "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the pledge of Allegiance.
    Could it be that WE just need to take action and tell the 14% to "sit down and shut up"?

If you agree, pass this on, if not delete

2. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    That is a good idea and i for one will do it

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Thats a great idea.
    I always say "In God we trust, all others pay cash". LOL

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    What a great Idea. I thinking letters, letterheads, email signatures. even a sign in the yard. Think I'll make a new sign weekly, just to voice my opinion on many subjects.
    I live in Kansas and I need to press 1 for English, WHY? Well I think they can just press 3 to BITE ME
    In GOD We Trust​
    :boss:

5. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Best Idea ive heard in a long time Rep to you .

6. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Hey Lawnman61, Always remember its not always the size of the dog in the fight, as much as it the size of the fight in the dog!
    :look_down:

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    That's the truth !!! :cool2: :smile2:

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    How much to have the stamp made and where can i get one ?

9. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Another great Idea there DRC 5 stars brother. I would rep ya but got to spread the love a little more first

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darryl, you have a great idea there!

11. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    Sounds great I think this nation is getting a bit rediculous with the whole religion thing. So here it is.

IN GOD WE TRUST!!!

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This is a post that just makes me furious.I for one am not ashambed that I am a Bible Believin Christian. I thank you so much for posting this as I had not heard this before. This is the most redicioulous thing that I have ever heard!!! It is no wonder to me that this Country is going down hill so rapidly. I for one will gladly stand up for God and His Christ,and be Proud of it. I also from now on will write on all my out going mail "In God We Trust,also some one PLEASE PM me and tell me where to get my stamp,I desperately want one. Again thank you for this valiable information.:angry:and :sad2: pk powell

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    great ideal. I'll do it. :cool2:

14. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have a hobby of printing and have the equipment to make rubber stamps. Any one who needs one PM me. Any Donation accepted and all money will be turned over to the BOC. A small one line stamp in a nice italic type face. All you need is an ink pad. I only have a few stamp assemblies so first come first served. I only have about 20, might be able to get a few more.

15. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What a notion for the nation. Good idea.

16. GrandpaGoneFishing

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Didn't I read some were here about some one had some postage stamps made custom? How about I look into that and have some made up. a catfish back ground with IN GOD We trust written on them. Just a thought!
    :feel_good:

17. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Count me in on this one... IN GOD I TRUST

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    thanks for everyones responses and also for the rep some have sent this way.
    NOTE i didnt get to add my 2 cents to this this morning before i cut outta here to get to work but this was an email sent to me and i was shareing it
    if you look close there is a hint at that in the text .
    i dont want to take credit for someone elses idea.
    now that that is clarified a couple of you have inquired about the
    stamps mentioned .
    well i looked up and found a couple places that had a variety of stamps
    but also and very saddly enough one of them has a stamp that actually
    covers the bill and blots out the "in god we trust" motto and under it puts atheists money !!!!!!!
    supposedly this renders the bill useless to use in a machine and also automated banking devices and banks are forced to send these worthless bills to the federal treasury to be destroyed.
    in turn this would cost us money correct???
    so these people that are doing this are doing it to prove a point that the entire country has to pay for and are blatently breaking the law.
    once again this is another example of a malcontent causeing more harm than good to try and change something that doesnt need changed .
    if you want the link to this garbage i would send it to you in a pm
    if you ask me to.

p.s..
    i actually sent a letter out tonite and it has in ink pen in god we trust and god bless america on it also www. catfish1.com

19. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'd like to have one. Why is it when the majority rules in a democratic process, that has 60plus % Christians, do we have to be politically correct for the few who have they're own thing going. Maybe out politicians should reach around and pull they're heads out they're backsides and look around at the people paying the bills.

20. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I, for one am tired of being the "Silenced Majority".