In-Fisherman Master Angler Award Question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JPritch, Dec 4, 2008.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Can you C&R a fish but certify it by weight and not length? The rules don't clearly say if you can or can't.

Reason I ask is that I caught a 52# (which qualifies by weight), but it was only 40" long (doesn't qualify by length). It was CPR'd, so I'm wondering if I can still submit it by weight.

Thanks everyone.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would try, worst thing that can happen is you lose a picture and they don't count it! :wink: Congrats on the big catch.. I look forward to heading back down to Dutch Gap soon....rollo

3. cbiblis

cbiblis New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I know in North Carolina i always apply for my certificates by weight. As for the masters certificate and patch, Here you have to have one trophy of six different fish or six trophy sizes of the same type of fish. The program is set up as either or (weight, length) which ever one qualifies the catch. They document the catch by you application form. We don't even have to have certified scale unless you catch a state or world record. As for the catch and release program they just want you to put it back for others to catch. One could lie about the catch and get a certificate but the way i look at it you would only be cheating yourself. I've had 5 trophy cats on record since 4/22/07 and i really want my patch for my fishing vest but if i lie to get it wouldn't really mean anything to me.

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    try it and see