In-Fish Flatheads - Day on the River

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Shawn, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Catfish Connection has this video on sale... is it worth having? Just wondering if there's any good info presented, or if it's just Stange and Hoffman reeling in a few nice fish.

Shawn

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just ordered 8 of there movies yesterday, I'll let you know how that one is. I love every other one that I have of there's. I have watched them so many times, I have them memorized. But there do have a lot of good tips and it helps pass time when it is too cold to go out.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've got that one, and it's a pretty good video, as are most of the in-fisherman series. Well worth the money.

4. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    ITS, OK

THEY PRETTY MUCH TELL YOU TO FISH HEAVY TIMBERED AREAS IN CORRELATION TO DEEP WATER

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    The only thing I really liked about that video was they were fishing on my home river. If you are just starting out flathead fishing then it could be informative otherwise its nothing we all dont already know.

6. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Shawn;
    I've found that any of the "In-Fishing" videos from Catfish Connection is a good one for the reference library. Some are better for beginners and some are more advanced so you may get one that is below your skill level but I find on a cold winter day I go back to my books and/or CD's and many times will "relearn" something that I had forgotten or misplaced in my little brain somewhere!:embarassed:
    If you want to know a bit more about any particular video that Catfish Connections offers then ask to speak with "Stacy".
    She is my contact there and if she does not know anything about a product well enough to answer any of your questions she will find someone who does instead of trying to "Bluff" through a question!
    Hope this helps.:smile2:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

7. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I grew up in central IL, and remember when they were just 'Pana Bait Co.' ... I used to buy real nice wild suckers there and terminal tackle like dip baits and worms.

Good people. Catfish Connection is always great to deal with, IMHO. Kind of a cross between Cabela's and your local baitshop.....

Shawn

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Shawn, If you already catch 30 and 40 lb range flats this video won't give you any secrets to finding larger ones. Its in the same line as the earlier videos, Lots of rigging and location. The only live bait they can use up in Minnesota is suckers and chubs. (State law)
    If you want to watch a couple guys catch some nice flats buy it. I got that one a few yrs ago, I have all of them lol. I would reccomend the whole series to any member, plus all the books. In-Fisherman puts out quality Info. Start from there, add what you allready know, plus what you learn on here and you can't go wrong.

9. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    ....and bullheads.

10. DTro

DTro Active Member

State:
    Minnesota

yep, but the funniest thing is that they cannot be over a certain length and those bullhead they use in the video are.......oversize and illegal:lol:

It is fun to watch a video of the same river you fish, that's for sure. I've actually thought about trying that stretch this year:wink:

11. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    problem is there videos don't really translate to rivers such as the Ohio and Mississippi. Finding logjams on the ohio is nonexistent.

12. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio

I must protest slimcat, I have only fished the Ohio once but my guide parked me over a huge submerged log jam. Maybe 30yrds long and 20 yrds wide down near Cincy. The fact that it was under 25 ft of water doesn't mean it aint a log jam. Its just harder to find them on the Ohio than on the Muskingum. but they are there If you look for them. They will all fish the same.

13. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    What stretch might that be Pal?!?!!? What other videos do you have?
    I'm ready to do some riding with you this year. I'm tired of being capt. and watching you catch all the big ones.

thanks
    Larry

14. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Larry if you ever want to fish new water round mankato way or up by New Ulm where "that" stretch is just let me know. I promise I wont be as much of a big fish hog like Dtro. lol

15. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i did end up getting this video...

I saw most of it tonight, and have to say it was fairly well done. If you already fish flatheads, there's no real groundbreaking info presented, but still it's a nice overview. I'd like to see them fishing daytime also.

One thing I really liked, is the first 1/3 of the video is just them running up the river in the boat talking about the merits of one spot over another, and how a lot of anglers get impatient and settle for a marginal spot rather than really find what they're looking for. I've been guilty on that charge more than a few times.

I'm not as big a fan of In-Fisherman since Primedia took over about 7 years ago, but this was a nice video. The visual films stuff shot on the Rock river is o.k., but not as good video quality, and not as much practical info.

Shawn