In Defense of P.E.T.A. ...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by baptistpreach, Aug 22, 2007.

1. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I know some of you will get upset by this, but I am a proud member of PETA,

People for
    Eating of
    Tasty
    Animals

Now, the wacko's that don't think you should fish or hunt, wear leather, or kill a cricket, well, they just need some sense knocked into them!

Somebody say AMEN!!

2. philly'swife

philly'swife New Member

State:
    Phila. Pennsylvania
    Amen Brother. :big_smile:

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Now I know all members of PETA can't all be Vegetarians. :angry:

4. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    In my opinion there is no defense for PETA, HSUS, or any of the so called animal rights groups, I think their all worthless. I don't think their out to help or protect animals, I think they're a group with a political agenda trying to take away your rights to hunt and fish. They don't even want you to have animals as pets. If you don't believe me check out their web-sites and their literature.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I think the PETA is off the wall, That what God Animals here for to Eat and Use.

6. redneckchev

redneckchev New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey now yall better watch it.i love animals....................
    they're DELICIOUS :smile2:

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here is the problem with the term "rights" there is nowhere or anywhere it says we have the right to hunt or fish. The state agencies and government state it is a priviledge which they can take away!!! If it was our god given or constitutional right we wouldnt have to buy a liscense that makes it a priviledge not a right. And that is what the anti's feed on!!!

8. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    kkyyoottee we have the constitutional right to own and/or buy arms however you have to obtain a license to do that. psychos for the elimination to any activity is a group of hypocrits they choose the stances now do you really think one of these clowns would be willing to plow his 50,000 dollar porche into a tree to avoid a squirrell in the road? hell no i doubt they would even spill their grande free range vegetable broth to save a skunk.

now i am not a huge fan of animal testing but hey it is what it is now if peta is so dead set against it lets see which one of them will step up and say " spray that oven cleaner in my eyes to save that animal" or which one of these dopes would be willing to go tell a pride of lions "it's not nice to eat to zebras have some grass instead" right

now for peta lurkers out there did you know that second only to prayer fishing is the most mentioned activity in the bible? are you going to tell jesus he's wrong? he fed the masses with 2 loaves of bread and fish. storm the church and tell them they're wrong lets see how that goes over.

lastly vegeterians...hate them i am an apex predator do great white sharks eat seaweed? NO! do lions eat leaves? NO! i eat meat and the way i see it plants replentish our oxygen so if you eat them you're robbing me of air! eat a steer do you have any idea how air those things suck up? and save that nonsence about meat being bad for you when is the last time you heard of a hawg dying from a heart attack?

9. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr Mark please reread my statement!! I didnt say we didnt have right to have arms but I have read the constitution many times and nowhere does it say we have the "right" to hunt with those arms . If someone has found it saying we have a right to hunt please correct me. I make mistakes also. Great Post Mark and I have read the bible 9 times front to back. And nowhere does it state that we have the "right" to use animals for sport. And I guarntee anyone 60 years ago fishing was for food not photo ops!!!

10. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    i am not disagreeing with you i was just say that government bowed to anti gun pressure and now we need a license for one of our constitutional rights. thats all. hope this clears it up.

11. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We will need more than that if Miss Hillary or John Edwards wins the whitehouse!!! Hillary has stated more than once the only ones that need guns are law enforcement. And guess what she is in the lead in all the polls!! Edwards wants to outlaw all handguns!!!

12. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    The only good thing that would happen if Hillary wins, is membership in the NRA would jump overnight. Gun sales would go up to.

My hang up with PETA, and other waco groups is they think that we a peopel should not go in the woods, hang on (FORESTS), cause we don't belong there, now these same people will tell you that we evolved from apes, last time I checked an ape is an animal, so if evolution is true that makes me an animal, so then I should have the right to go out in the (FOREST) should'nt I.

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I think animals have the right to be rolled in cornmeal and deep fried.:wink: Peta people are sheep following their leader.

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I thought we did have the "right" and the liscense fee was to pay the game wardens for doing their job making shure we all had an equal chance of harvesting fish and game?

15. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    there you go hit it right on the money. if you own the land or your buddy does you dont need a liscense. here in ky fish and wildlife get no general funds at all 0%. all money put into lakes and rivers and the people protecting them come from liscense fees. if you dont want to buy one just get some land, me i cant aford a big farm so i pay my money and i use every bit of it. 20$ and i go at least 50 to 75 times a year and thats just fishing i hunt to. all that comes out to for most people is 10 cents or maybe a dollar if you dont go offten and for the amount recources i use thats a damn good deal.

16. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa

Here in Iowa, if you own land, you don't have to buy a small game license, but you do have to buy a turkey or deer license. Now you are allowed a land owners license that you purchase I think for $2 now, but only 1 person in your family is allowed. And that is for 1 season only, others you have to purchase a regular price tag, And owning land isn't enough it has to be a working farm. You and your family members, under the age of 18 can hunt and fish on your property (small game) with out a license, you can not hunt and fish on a buddy's farm with out a license. So here in Iowa for a resident not owning land, the fees are $23.00 for your fishing license, (I think thats what I paid this year. Used to be $17.00, this doesn't include a trout stamp if you want to fish trout) Small game (required to hunt anything) $23.50, then to hunt deer is an additional $26.00, this is for the bow, muzzy 1 & 2, First or second season shot gun, for an either sex deer. then you have the opportunity to hunt just for doe, (early Nov doe only 2 day hunt, Late season January hunt) which for that is another $26.00, but you can purchase as many additional doe tags, after the first tag for $11.00 each. Iowa has several different hunting seasons, so you purchase a tag for those as well, with restrictions. Can be very confusing! Then comes turkey hunting, where there are 5 seasons, 4 spring and 1 fall, at which you are allowed to hunt 2 seasons in the spring and 1 in the fall, each season you hunt will cost you another $23.00. If you are a resident with out land. On top of your small game license, (but luckily you only have to buy that once a year) Even a non resident has to purchase a small game license to hunt turkey or deer.

But the satisfaction of shooting that deer, hooking that hog, or the look in the eyes of your child, friend, or spouse who has just scored .............PRICELESS!

17. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    we have all them fees the main point i was trying to make is the state needs the money to keep these areas productive. if we did not pay them think of howbad the fishing would get, they do alot of stosking here. not just fish either you can go to big bone park here now and see herds of buffalo, im only 29 and when i was a kid you could not do that. its not like the state is pissing are fee money away, for the most part and your right in the end PRICELESS lol

18. CatFishingFinatic

CatFishingFinatic New Member

State:
    Iowa

I guess, I have to agree with you on the money being spent well for the most part here in Iowa, Conservation here has put in several new boat ramps along the river for public access as well as purchased a lot of flood land after the flood of '93 opening it up to public hunting and fishing. So, yes the money for the most part, in most counties is going for good use here. Iowa has a lot of hunters, and fishers, so I would guess the revenue is pretty high here, our non resident licenses are higher here than most other states, If you look at regulations for other states in fine print it says price for non resident is this, unless you are from a list of about 5 states, with Iowa being one of them, then add 20 bucks. I found that interesting. Iowa attracts a lot of non residents for the pheasant season, bringing in a lot of revenue, but if they continue to raise the prices, people will stop coming.

19. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I try to have an open mind and respect others opinions.

And my opinion is that there is room for all of Gods creatures.

Right next to the mashed potatoes and gravy.

20. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    :angry:GAAAAAHHHHH, You tricked me. I came in here thinking some dude was on some drugs defending the other PETA! Haha that is quite funny fooled me. I wanna join :big_smile: