$$$ in catfishing tackle box

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Ed1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Catfishing is a simple sport. Not a lot of lures to buy. Mailny Hooks, sinkers, swivels, floats. My question is if you lost your catfishing tackel bag for what ever reason how much money would it take to replace everything in it ? I swap stuff out in my bag depending on where I am fishing to keep weight down. But I would guess I keep a minimum of $40 up $80 in my bag all the time.

2. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    $41.37

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010

3. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    $40.00 - $80.00 :goat:

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    depends what you are talking, just terminal tackle or the bag and whats in it. first impression would be around $300-$350

just some quick numbers on summer fishing:

multi tool is about $100
    bag about 30-40
    flashlight/headlamp (depending which one i take) $20-40
    hooks (gama circle and J hooks) $50
    beads $1
    Swivels $5-10
    leader/sacrifice mono $15
    homemade Kat bobbers $1
    Lead (i pour my own)
    knife $20
    misc. $20
    Gloves $10

5. Jamesriver

Jamesriver New Member

State:
    Richmond
    Well, since, it is in with all of my other fishing stuff, I would say $300 or $400, that is only because there are a lot of lures, knives,etc.

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,d say around $300 if I only lost my cattin box.Berkley tech #100 scale -$90.About $100 or so in hooks and swivels.About $50 in floats.Plus my pliers,knifes,caplights,etc.

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I usually have other stuff in there too, so it would be a lot. I have my crappie, trout, and northern/walleye stuff in there too. I've been collecting awhile, I lots a box ful 30 years ago, found it in my brother and brother in laws stuff.

8. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Many many dollars. I'm an oportunistic fisherman. I fish for whatever is biting. One day might be perch, the next time i go out i might crappie fish, the next time might be stripers. All my tackle is in my tackle box. That includes my bass lures (dont really bass fish anymore though), sinkers, hooks, etc, etc, etc. Just too much work to keep moving lures and terminal tackle back and forth. Yes, my tackle box weighs a ton :smile-big:

9. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Tackle Bag. $45
    Utility boxes $15
    Hooks $25
    Sinkers / Slides $40
    Flashlight $65 (want to get a cheaper one for fishing)
    Scale $15
    Pliers / Razor Knife / Nail clipers $10
    Gloves $10
    Stringers $10
    4 Rod Holders $16
    Misc items $10

Total $261

10. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    I'd say $ 60-70 but only because I have extras of everything. On any given trip I could probably get by with a paper sack with $5 tackle in it, but where's the fun in that?

11. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    prob 200 for me. i keep all my gear for any fish in one bag. along with pliers,my pistol,and everything u can think of. my tackle bag is pretty much a man purse but with man goodies in it.

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
  13. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    As for me, not very much. There's probably $20 dollars max. I find alot of my stuff at thrift stores and it gets the job done too. Plus, I try not to carry no more than I need.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  14. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Man I just about made myself sick trying to figure what it would cost, I have all my Steelhead, Trout, & cat stuff in one bag, not to mention the lead, knives, pliers, cutters, camera, head lamps, leader line, and a heavy stringer. I came up with figures of $250 for Steelhead, $30 for trout & bait fish, $125 in lead, $25 in swivels & sinker slides, $125 for cat stuff, hooks, dip tubes, beads, punch baits, $100 for the camera, $35 for head lamps, $30 for knives, $45 for cutters & pliers, & $75 in line. Damm that bag is stuffed, it would make me Seriously Ill if I lost that bag or had it stolen. Not to mention the other 2 bags, 1 with bass & crappie stuff & 1 with my bobbers, extra spools, bells, glowsticks, & scale

Attached Files:

15. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    Crap i have 11 plastic boxes in all 3 bags + the line box, & stuff crammed in every pocket, plus I have about 15 jars of Power Bait dough for trout, not to mention the 4 small tubs of secret 7 in the shed. I did get a flavor baster that seems to work well for squirting the paste in the tubes, just had to take the needle holder off, got a high class one on sale for $3.00 at Walmart, the tip screws off.

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm like you Ed, I have two bags, my main one never leaves the vehicle, I have one of those belt butt bag things that hold my cat gear. Hooks, lead, small bobbers, pliers, salt, rubber bands, beads, swivels, and fishing regs. I learned a long time ago not to carry all my eggs in one basket. I used to carry a Plano six tray, and upset it once right on the bank, what a mess that was. I supply my bag for the night from my van with what I think I'll need, so the cost wouldn't be anything for me, I' just go back an resupply! lol Now if I lost my bag all together my loss would be minimum, say $ 20.00 with out the cost of the belt of course.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd guess I could replace my tackle box for 40.00 or less,I don't have much,just the basics,and there's some stuff I could live without that is costly,like a 30.00 digital scale,I wouldn't want to live with out it but could if need be.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  18. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would rather lose a testicle than lose my cat bag! :wink:. Well, maybe not! But, it would give you that sick feeling in your gut! LMAO. rollo

19. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Who said fishing was cheap!

Cigarettes, drinks, and snack will cost $20 each time.

Losing a tackle bag would bite!

20. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I lost all my terminal tackle right now I would be out maybe $40. My supply is in bad shape. I will probably spend a few hundred bucks getting back to normal soon.