Important upcoming events

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    World's largest barbecue in McEwen, Tennessee July 28th & 29th. Chicken will be ready about noon on the 28th. Pork will be ready by 6:00am on the 29th.
    They made the Guiness Book of World Records in 1999 when 21,000 pounds of meat was cooked for the two day event. http://www.dioceseofnashville.com/article_bbq2006.htm

Reelfoot Lake Trash & Treasures yard sale around Reelfoot Lake August 4th and 5th. (Arlington, be sure to tell your wife)

August 3-6. 127 Corridor World's Longest Yard Sale. Covington, Kentucky to Gadsden, Alabama. (Arlington, be sure to tell your wife)

2. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    There may be some fishing stuff at Reelfoot. We are probably going to go to that one.

We went to the Hwy 127 one last year and followed it from Cookville to Chattanooga. It was mostly flea market vendors and the prices weren't cheap. I didn't buy anything and the few items that my wife bought weren't worth bringing home.

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Good info. I didn't know about the Reelfoot sale. Too bad it's the same weekend as the 127 sale. Been going to that one for the past 4 years. Usually spend a couple of nights in a campground for that one. We've done very good there for things that interest us. I add to my Coleman collection there for little or no money. And you can find some great fishing equipment there, very cheap. Bought two ugly sticks there year before last for 18 bucks. I like old Mitchel reels and get some very good ones there usually. Found a nice old timer hunting knife once and paid 12 bucks for it. And right next to it was an old 6 inch Buck knife for 10. And my wife has bought tons of great antique stuff there for some very good prices. Even with the camping fees and gas it's a lot cheaper than Ebay for us. Lot's of good stuff to be had if you take your time there. We stay away from the big vendor places, cause they do want too much money. Best stuff we find is way out of towns, especially the hiway between Jamestown KY and Crossville TN. Amazing what people nearly giveaway during this thing.