Important Equipment

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by AwShucks, Apr 3, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    As most of us are gearing up for another year of chasing the cats, We need to stand back and look around our favorite fishing hole. How clean is it? As sportsmen, we are trusted to keep our lakes and rivers clean. As honest people, we know that most sportsmen could care less. So, lets try to get every member to carry a few Wal-mart baggie, or similar item, everytime we go fishing, and fill it up before we leave. It only takes a few minutes. You know you've succeded when you finally have nothing but an empty bag on hand as your ready to head home. Lets take care of our living room.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Excellent Post!

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I take bag every time I go. And someone keeps bringing the stuff back. But what can you do, but keep hauling it off.

4. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree 100%, but I'm still waiting for the empty bag day, it's been 7 years. :crying:

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I cleaned up my area just yesterday. I really get disgusted when people leave their junk everywhere. Sadly I pick up mostly liver containers. I know that no BOC brothers were there. I tell my son to alway pick up his trash and any other. I was thinking of starting a 50 yard club. Pick up any trash for 25 yards in either direction from where you fish. May not bring home a stringer, but sadly always bring home a full trash sack.

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Leave it as you found it, take all that you brought with you...

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I always pick up garbage from my fishing area. I spent about an hour this past Saturday picking up cans, bottles and other trash from along the stream by my house. The glass, plastic & alum. then goes to the recycling center.

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I carry garbage bags with me, don't have to worry about my stuff, never have any mess, but others make up for it.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Besides being unsightly and possibly a health issue, I keep getting visions of birds or racoon's tangled up in those piles of monofilament and braid left on the shore. Good god, I wish I was big enough and mean enough to wrap the critters who left piles of line laying on the bank up in that line and leave them on the banks. I mean, my god, how hard is it to stuff that line into a hip pocket. The other trash I can live with, don't like it, but can live with it... it's the line and hooks that gets my tail in a knot.

10. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I too,pick up trash around where I fish but on Sunday while me and my bud were fishin some backwater on the Ar. River we seen a yo-yo tied to a limb along a jetti with a dead fish.I guess about a 3lb blue,his head just out of the water enough to die.We counted a total of seven yo-yo's and found another dead fish,this time a large drum.Just thought I'd share this with y'all.We contacted our local game officer.The yo-yo's are not marked with identification.The game warden said he'll watch fer the SOB and take care of the problem

11. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I feel that if you just got to leave trash at the fishing hole ,why dont they throw in some of their relatives.

12. Catfisher

Catfisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    I could add a few relatives that came with the marriage!:)

When I was a kid (I'm 37) my boy scout troop spent a day cleaning the shores of Lake Wappapello, I think in southern Missouri. I still remember the countless trotlines with hooks we cut out of the trees at eye level.

You'd think there were pot fields nearby...

I always take a Walmart bag with me (Seems like I just left there on my way to the fishing hole anyway) and try to pick up some trash to toss out at the dumpster.

Good philosophy.

13. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i always have said and done leave it better than you found it but its hard when you see toilet seats floating down the gmr that used to be a great river :cry-big: i played hooky one day i saw a coworker do the same when she and her family left rumpke dump was cleaner i still call her pig pen and she doesnt get it