importance of bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by loganfrum94, Sep 15, 2009.

1. loganfrum94

loganfrum94 New Member

State:
    ohio
    wat do u think
    does it matter more about were your fishing or the type of bait u have

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Both are equally important. Location and Food chain (Bait).

3. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    I agree with Mickey..Ya gotta have fish present to catch em and you have to give em something they like.

4. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Welcome to the BOC Logan.

5. lazer20

lazer20 New Member

State:
    WV
    both are important when starting out try to fish structure and match the bait to the same fish in the area shad are almost always a safe bet if you can find them

6. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Location in my estimationis a bit more important than the bait as catfish can and are caught on a variety of baits as eluded to on this forum. However if the fish are not present, the best of baits cannot catch them. Both are important, but I give location a slight edge of importance. On the other side of the coin, if fish are present it is possible to catch them on "marginal" baits. (Just my $.02 worth). Hope this helps.

Ray

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Welcome to the BOC Logan.
    Both fish and bait are important. But I have been out fishing and run out of bait and just scrounged for any thing to use. I've caught catfish on every thing from worms and bugs to snakes and (fresh) road kill guts.
    Some of my best fishing memories were times were all I had with me was a pole, a few hooks and sinkers with me and nothing else.
    Can't catch fish sitting sitting on the couch.
    :dribble:​

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Location, location, Location. Then have a variety of baits. Welcome to the BOC:wink:

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the BOC Logan.I agree with Mickey

10. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Another for location as the most important thing! you can take cats on many different baits,but you can't take a cat if there isn't any there. I like to provide a smorgasboard of different baits untill I fiqure out what the fish want,then use that as my bait mostly,but still location is the most important thing in alot of activities,fishing,hunting,trapping, and any other outdoors activity you can think of like predator calling,whatever always leaves location at the top of the list of important factors!

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike Welcome to the Brotherhood, from So. Illinois.