Imminent Disaster-Prayers requested

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jun 1, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Friday, June 1st '07. Not a particularly memorable day for many of us I am sure. However, I've just watched my wife's brake-lights at the top of the hill on our lane as she exits to go to work to make some shekels so we can buy a couple of cans of tuna fish. I am getting ready to load my fishing stuff and it dawns on me that this is our 21st wedding anniversary.

I am lucky so far. She has forgotten too! You can tell by a women's eyes whether you have screwed up or not. So here's the deal. I AM going fishing. I haven't ordered flowers, gotten dinner reservations, bought a card or gotten a motel room reservation. And I ain't gonna waste gas going to town to do it. I AM going fishing. You guys pray for me or give me suggestions. If I catch a fish, if she cleans it, would that be an appropriate gift? If I can find some wildflowers, would that be O.K. I do the cooking, and I was gonna have leftover meatloaf tonight. O.K. or not.? You gals give me some suggestions too.

See ya , I AM going fishing. Postbeetle

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LOL, Happy Anniversary brother. 21 years is a great accomplishment.

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Get those wildflowers!!! Forgetting this can be hamful.:big_smile: Cook a good meal when you get home, and pamper her. That way if she forgot also, your gonna look real good.:wink:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Excuse me. This anniversary thing is a two way street. Why is it we gotta do all the suckin up! LOL!

I would not get home from fishin until you are sure she is already home from work. Then I would ask where to hell is dinner for our anniversary! LOL!

5. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I,m just sayin that gettin it done first can gain big rewards with us women. lol. Plus if the wife had posted this, I'd give her the same advice.:lol:

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Okay John I've been in your situation once and only once. First and foremost do not give her left over meatloaf for dinner. Here is what i did.
    I borrowed some roses from a neighbors rose bush and made a bouquet. I scrubbed the house, as well as any man can scrub a house!!:wink:I made a huge homemade Anniversary card, which i hung from the front door, it was a real hit with the neighbors as well as my wife. I made a hot bath for her complete with bubbles and those smelly incense candles that women love. I started her favorite dinner forty five minutes before she was due to be home and had her bath prepared minutes before she walked in the house. Timing is everything so make sure she has at least 15 min. in the tub before dinner is ready. Also and very important--call her at work and tell her to come straight home. Use her best china for dinner complete with candles and flowers. For dessert----Well you'll just have to use your imagination.:big_smile: Happy anniversary!!!!!

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Happy 21st wedding Anniversary!!! Congrats to you both and many,many more!!! :wink::big_smile:

8. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    OK, the left over meatloaf may do more harm than good. Ditch that idea. The wildflowers is an adorable idea, if you're looking to be adorable. I understand that after 21 years, the effort and luster is down to a mere trickle but can ya TRY, just a tad. The homemade anniversary card was sweet and Id take that idea any day. Doesnt take much to WOW your wife, just let it be something that you normally wouldnt do on an everyday basis and know that it is strictly for her and her alone. Good luck!

Congradualtions on 21 years of marriage. Thats wonderful. :wink:

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    How about if you catch a fish then YOU clean it and YOU cook it up and YOU serve it to her on a nicely set table with a vase filled with wildflowers as a centerpiece? You could always make her a handmade anniversary card. With your talent for writing it could be a very memorable, special card.

That would all mean more to be as an anniversary gift than any store bought flowers, restaurant dinner, motel reservations, etc. But then, that is just me.....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JOHN AND MRS POSTBEETLE!

10. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I don't know any better at all, but here is what I would do!

Go fishing, enjoy the day on the water, do some creative thinking, on the way home stop and pick up some flowers of some sort, write her a letter telling her what you think of the last 21 years. Fling open the door, give her a big kiss with a huge smile on your face....

And ask what time dinner is... :)

Might not want to take my advice LOL :roll_eyes:

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dang it Steve.... will you shut the he!! up...:lol: yer makin' me look real, real, bad:wink:

Oh... yeah... Happy anniversary, John:big_smile:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Alarm clock: a small, mechanical device to wake up people without children.

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I haven't been married a year yet, so I'm probably not qualified to give advice. I can, however, tell you what NOT to get her. For our one year engagement anniversary, I gave my wife a nice jar of Cheez Whiz a jar of Sonny's dip bait, and jumper cables. After she beat me for awhile, I gave her the real present - a silver heart necklace with my name engraved.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John Happy 21ST.Anniversary.I hope you survive it. I think you are going to end up dead meat. Good Luck.:lol::smile2:

14. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Happy 21st anniversary to you and your better half John! I wouldn't mind the meatloaf (I like it :big_smile:), BUT.....leftovers just aren't the thing for an anniversary dinner. That's run of the mill everyday stuff buddy. How hard can throwin' a steak on the grill be :cool2:? Or maybe some fish :wink:? I agree with Barb(Cattledogz). You're a wonderful writer, so I hope you came up with something special for your lovely wife just like you do for US :smile2:. And I think all the sisters are in agreement about the wildflowers, that sounds quite nice.

15. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I'm with Big George! lol Congrats on 21 years

16. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Hide all the calanders in the house, change the date forward on her cell phone/alarm clock that way she'll think SHE missed it, and keep quiet about it.
    Spend the day on the lake..if the fishin dies down, call up some buddies and meet 'em at the bar for a few cold ones...HAH, Guess thats why I'm single.

Happy anniversary. Enjoy it!

17. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I would just stay gone and fish for the next two or three days because when she finds out you went fishing on your anniverserary and didn't get her anything, you're going to be in the dog house for a while.:wink:

P.S. Happy anniversary to you guys and don't listen to me or you will be in big trouble.

18. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Happy 21 year. I hope your not in the dog house. forgot my wife b-day once and she steel lets me know about it.:embarassed:

20. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I sincerely thank all of you who have taken the time and resources to comment on my almost untimely death. It could have been worse. I did go in to town and got flowers and was going to go fishing. (I did not do all that Steve had suggested, but I wish he would do that for me. My birthday is this month. Forget that last part of your reply though Steve. After the bath and dinner we can sit around and just drink beer.) Unfortunately these strange clouds appeared. They had a funny twist to them. I think they were called a TORNADO! Didn't think my old GMC could go that fast. Missed us by just several miles. Any of you guys need cheap firewood this winter let me know. My wife appreciated the flowers. She then went to the calendar and marked next years anniversary date on it. I hope the fish aren't biting then.