Imitation Crabmeat

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by JMarrs328, Jan 5, 2006.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    My mom just got grocerries, and she brought home some imitation crab meat. I think it's made of white fish, bu it does taste pretty good! :) I wonder how it would do for bait. Has anyone ever tried it?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If I'm around that stuff wont last long enough to find the hook. Put that in a skillet w/ lots of butter & Yum!

3. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Yeah, i know what u mean :) ! But do u think the cats would like it too?!

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bet they would, but I am not sure how well theyd stay on the hook.

5. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    that imitation krab stuff is called sarimi and is merely cooked fish paste, pollock if i remember correctly??? ive used it once to try it and had no luck.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Yup. It's made from pollack.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would imagine it would work at times..But for the most part native fish from the waters you are fishing will work much better.

8. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I have tried it fishing with no luck and I also tried it in my crawdad traps with no luck. Those crawdads will usually tear at anything if its raw and dead. I don't think it has enough oils in it or something, doesn't put out enough scent.

9. Bayoubear

Bayoubear New Member

State:
    near that hellhole dallas
    i bought a bag of frozen mixed seafood bits from the grocery. had that fake krab meat, cuttlefish, octopus bits, squid, and mussles. baited up a whole line with it and didnt do any good.

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Any body know how they make that stuff?
    It sure is good eating, I would like to try making some out of spoonbill if I knew how the make it.

11. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Dont think it would put out enough scent or oil into the water, of course you could soak in something for that. It sure does taste good immitation or not.

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Jmarrs 328, shredd the meat up dice some onions, tomato, cylantro mixed it with lemmonjuice salt and pepper. I like eating it with crackers and hot sauce.

Jaime

13. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    saw this on discovery channel. japanese send out big "factory ships". bout the size of a cruise ship, lol. they net the pollock. steam it till its paste. then they run it between big rollers, looks like a sheet of paper. they hit it with some red dye and roll it up like a cigar. it is packaged and frozen on the ship.the guys stay out for 3 months at a time, or till the ship is full. if it did'nt taste so good i would'nt touch the crap!

14. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if anyone around me is using it theyd better hide it! im like a crackhead on that stuff!