Imagine doing THIS for a living!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Esox Hunter, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Ummmm....

I think I'll PASS, thanks anyway!!

High Voltage Aerial Cable Inspection
    [youtubevid]9tzga6qAaBA[/youtubevid]

you'll have to click it TWICE guys, poster only allows it to be watched on YouTube (Sorry)

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    me and my buddy joe were fishin' close to some transformer lines about a year ago. we watched them drop some guy out of a helo and onto the lines. he then crawled across the lines all the way across the river.

we thought maybe we had been drinking too much.

3. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Too much for me. :crazy:

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    What do you think will kill him? Stopping too fast on the way down, not the shock! :smile2:

It's amazing to think that you can reach such an electric potential without being harmed, but then again, realize that you are moving over 1,000 miles per hour at the equator, and 65,000 miles per hour going around the sun! :crazy:

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970401c.html

5. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :smile2::smile2:You crack me up. You always this entertaining. :wink:

Thats crazy, I cant imagine anyone wanting to apply for the job. I do imagine a ? on the job app would be.." Are You Afraid Of Heights?" :smile2:

6. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    that job is not for me.:crazy::eek:oooh::embarassed:

7. Jazper

Jazper New Member

State:
    Chillicothe OH
    Wow, no thanks. :)

8. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I bet he doesn't have problems with mosquitoes.

9. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I seen a special about this on something like The Learning Channel, or similar. They have a hard time finding helicopter pilots to do this sort of thing. They said they have some excellent pilots come in thinking they can do it, and when they get close to the lines, they freak, and cant do it. I personally dont like heights that much, so you wont catch me doing this for a living. You really have to trust the pilot a lot too. You're attached to the helicopter with a safety lanyard, you get onto the line and attach a safety lanyard to it, and he hasta stay still until you can disconnect from the helicopter. I bet these guys make GOOD MONEY.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    NOT FER ME..........ALL THE BEER IN THE WORLD COULDN'T GET ME TO DO THAT:crazy::crazy::crazy:

11. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wow. can you imagine these guys' paychecks? did you catch their grounding system? one mistake and you're bacon crispy burnt. my girlfriends dad is a lineman for ameren. a few weeks ago his buddy got burnt bad. ha made a mistake and got hit with a "meer" 7,200 volts. he stayed awake the whole time screaming for the few seconds it took to kick out the breaker. he's alive but still in a drug induced coma. they removed his left arm, and shoulder, part of his foot and leg, most of the muscle in his chest on the left side. and grafted skin to the middle of his back. i've never seen anyone shocked and burnt so bad, and live through it. and thats just 7,200 volts. i bet those lines carry 40,000 AT LEAST!

12. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD

Last time i seen a special on tv about this, the guy was working on 350,000V

13. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    NO THANKS...I didn't use to be afraid of heights...but that has changed.

My stomach starts turning...I get light headed...next thing you know...I'm feeding the fish...ya...you get the picture.

Last time I rode the Wild Fire rollercoaster at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri...it took a turn...sideways over a DEEP ravine...a good 500 feet down to the bottom...I was looking down...and thinking...OMG what have I done??? :eek:oooh:

Although I did ride it 4 more times...Lol.