I'm Tubeless Whoppeee!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by oh no, Jan 11, 2008.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Today the University Of Chicago took the last 3 tubes out of me. No more cathador, Whooppeeee. I have had that darn thing in since Nov. 5th. I have had 2 stints from my kidneys too that homemade bladder in me since the 5th also. They removed them all today.

Boy it feels good to be free. Now all I have is a dressing change twice a day till that wound in my belly heals from the surgery they did. It felt great a couple weeks ago when I was able to have that wound vac removed, that vac pump was a pain having it with me 24/7. I had to stay within reach of an electric outlet as it could only be away from power for about 6 hours, then it had to recharge.

Boy after the little bit of soreness wears off, I can start working on my boat. I'm ready to go fishing.

:big_smile::smile2::big_smile::tounge_out::smile2:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    It is great to hear that you are doing better Jim!!! Now go live life for a while and get that boat fixed buddy!!!

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats great news Jim. Be sure not to over do it. Take your time gettin back into the swing of things. You have plenty of time to get that boat ready, it aint goin anywhere without you.:wink:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thats really good news Jim. Now it sounds like a really relaxing fishing trip is in the makings. Even if you have to sit on a bank and do the relaxing.Just don't overdo it working on that boat.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Great news Jim, I bet your ready to go but as mentioned above don't over do it til the latest surgery heals.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jim, that sounds great to be rid of all that. Glad to hear the news and hope you continue to do well.

7. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I'm glad to hear you got your tubes out. Just take care of yourself and be carefull.

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad to hear that you're tube free. Just take it easy now until you are completely healed up,so you'll be all ready to go fishing when it warms up.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Very good news Jim. So happy to hear you are feeling much better. A fishing trip sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Have a happy healthy day my Brother~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

10. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    glad to hear your getting better, just take it easy

11. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad they took em all out and you are ready to go!

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to hear your on the mend,Jim.

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Glad they got that tube out!
    Bill

14. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Glad to hear it Jim. Did ya save any of that tubing for sinker bumpers? Maybe you could have a sale on it here. These guys are always looking for good deals.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good News Jim. Don't over do it. I know you probably have a list of things to get done. Proud you are feeling better.

16. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Postbeetle, When they went in the shortest possible route, with that scope, camera, tube grabber thing, the good news was that the ends of both tubes were together. So the good news was they got both with one pull.

Now think about it, that was also the bad news, as they were dragging out twice as much. lol lol

The young doctor that did it, Dr. Large, has a good sense of humor as he asked me if I wanted them to take home. LOL I turned him down. I do have a good supply of clear tubing that came from that woundvac thing. They changed that fancy dressing 3 times a week, It had about 6' of tube with each change.

17. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    Glad to hear your good news Jim, take care buddy.
    Fish, Fish, Fish.

18. mifit98

mifit98 New Member

State:
    Morganton, NC
    Jim, glad to hear of your progress. I hope things continue to go well and you'll give us a report when you get back on the water!!

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    RIGHT ON ........YOUR GETTIN BETTER:haha:

20. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good to hear your healing up... I know how it feels to have some of that stuff.. it really slows you down and its good to hear you arent going to let it slow you down.. look forward to hearing about the boat..