I'm thankful but...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ec43146, Jul 11, 2009.

1. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm really glad that I have a decent job, I really feel blessed. My only problem is that it is retail with some crummy hours. Before a day off I get to close and the next day I get to open. It sure does make it rough to go night fishing unless you can park close by. I just hate setting up in the dark so usually day fish, but happy to get to do that. I guess I'm just ranting:confused2:

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    yeah i agree i just came off 9 months of unemployment to go back to work with a diff. company now i work 5 days a week there and sat and sun with the old company man o man is it killing me

3. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    I'm with y'all here. I'm thankful to have a job but my hours screw me up horribly. I work 2 midnights 2 days then to 2 evenings every week. It's really hard to try and get adjusted and have energy to even go fishin. Not to mention last two days I've been doubling over(16hour days). Would be nice to hit a powerball and retire to a lake front cabin:smile2:

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I started working when I was 15, and all of my jobs have been retail oriented.
    The new job I have now I started off strictly working in the retail portion of the company, but fortunately I've moved to online sales and things of the sort.

What sucks is I still follow my regular schedule, which is usually 9 - 7 five days a week. I rarely get a Saturday, and I've worked every Sunday since I've worked there. Really blows.

It pays me good, so I can't complain - but give a brother his Monday through Friday hours as expected! :angry:

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    just be thankful that you can still get out,well,we all ought to feel that way and will be lucky on down the line to be able to keep going if things don't get straightened out.

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree RICHARD, I think in the not to distant future, there will be alot of in the soup kitchen line...Me included.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I n this time of ours it's good to have a job in an near your community that's for sure. I would hate the crazy hours tho. You still get out there an that's all that matters. Way to go an sticking with it!