I'm still here, take a look at this!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by RIVER-RAT, Sep 10, 2007.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Finally got the boat back from repair. I've been MIA here lately which is a bummer as I missed out on the '07 Cuz Fest

Last night I had the "ITCH" to head to the river, I couldn't get anyone to go with me last night so I headed out by myself.

Launched below the MP Dam around 8:30 pm and headed to the dam to catch some GoldEyes. Didn't have to do anything to catch asians except drive over to the dam cause they just sacrificed themselves by jumped into the boat!:big_smile:

Caught some more bait and then headed to the first fishing hole and fished for about 30-35 minutes with not even a bite. I figured the bite would be slow due to the recent river conditions. Then headed to the next hole and anchored in. 10 minutes later, then the right outside pole started dancing. This was the hardest fight I've experienced to date! This fish did not want to come to the surface.

Finally he came up and showed himself, WOW!!! Then I faced the daunting task of getting him in the boat on my own. So with the pole in my right hand, I stuffed my left hand into the mouth of the beast. The fish acknowledged the presence of my hand by clamping down HARD! I then with one swift motion, as if I were doing a power clean, got that fish into the boat!

I then faced another challenge, a pic! A pedestal seat and coolers made my camera tri-pod! Then I tried to weigh him. I have a 50 pound digital and a 50 spring, I ended up using both. Each one would read 29-31 pounds!!!!! Look at the picture, I am a very little guy (6'3" and a slight 352lbs) I lift cars for fun and throw kegs around just for the hell of it! I did learn one important lesson, GET A COFFEE SCALE ASAP!!!

I am back and plan on continuing my pursuit of the new world record blue :wink:

Attached Files:

2. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Nice cat Bill,I'm going to try to get out that way myself.The air temp starting to get back down were its comfortable.:big_smile:

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Hey Bill, its hard to judge the size of a fish next to you.

Can you do that with a scale?????? I am getting myself all confused trying to consider the physics of it all. I am not sure the scales would each read half of the total weight if the scales were in series. Now if they were side-by-side with the fish hooked to both it might work.

I have a headache.:eek:oooh:

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Bill nice Cat :eek:oooh:

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I don't think the side-by-side would work either.:tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

Just forget it. LOL

6. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Nic story and pics. Not to mention that big ole hog. Good job. I guess a little blood from a blue bite never hurts that bad

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    WAY TO GO BIG BILL. Congrats on the new personal best. I was beginning to worry about ya. Good to see all is well and your back at them hogs. NO worries with the blue clamping down. I got bit, and then got my butt kicked by Brandens 44 pound fish the other day. They even got it on camera. lol. Glad to see ya back posting.

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Dude, nice fish! You need to take a "normal" size person with you for scale next time. Or maybe keep a mannequin in the boat to put the fish next to...:wink: Nice job boating that beast by yourself - all that gym-time paid off!

Branden

9. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Nice to have you back on board Bill. We've missed hearing from ya. Wish you could have made it to CuzFest '07. Talk about a blast. Congrats on the fish Bill, you are having one heck of a year!!:smile2::smile2:

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    That is a nice fish you have there.

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    You're right Darryl, I have no idea how much that fish weighed! NONE! The only thing I know for sure is that it weighed more than 50 POUNDS!

Desperate times call for desperate measures I guess, I thought I'd give it a try! Like I said, I'll be purchasing a larger scale soon!

12. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    glad to have you back riv rat and nice fish way to go

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Right nice fish there Bill. It was too dark to tell if you were by the cottonwood tree or the sicamore tree. Too bad you couldnt weigh it that might have given you first place on the leader board. Imagine how I feel.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    This very large human River Rat has demonstrated a penchant for whackin big fish and NOT making weigh in's hasnt he? :wink: The coffee scales are top notch Rat. I use Gary's ALL the time :smile2: It works like a champ.

15. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Was going to buy a coffey scale also but have been too busy buying craploads of evrything else getting the boat like I want it. I did pick up a new 100lb Cabelas spring scale for less than $20.00 if I remember right. I weighed a 94lb bag of concrete at 93lbs with it, close enough for me. For now at least. If that scale ever bottoms out I am calling MO DNR!:smile2:

16. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just because it says it is 94 lbs often times doesnt mean it is 94 either. We all know how quality control is these days! :wink:

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Bill, congrats on your PB

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Bill! Congrats on a Very nice blue.
    Now get you a coffey scale, there a must have....

19. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congratulations on the new PB! That is a nice looking fish.

20. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a nice fish:smile2: