I'M SO EXCITED!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Brandon829, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Only 3 more days to Muzzleloader season here in the Ky. We're all ready to go. Seen some big bucks, but don't worry we're still gonna stock the freezer with some doe meat too. Is anybody as pumped as I am? Just 3 more days!!!!! Good luck everybody!

2. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ours doesn't open until the next weekend in Oklahoma. The temperature seems to be cooler than the last few years but we keep getting lots of rain which can be bad for muzzleloaders.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    go davy crocket on their @$5

4. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I bought a nice little Muzzleloader a couple years back. We haven't had a muzzleloader season for quite some time. But I knew there was enough people getting back into it that it would be back. Well we have one this year. It is Jan 4-17 with no extra tags other than the regular season tags.
    I figure by the time it opens here they will be pretty spooked from all the regular hunting already going on. :sad2::sad2:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck Brandon. Getting ready and the anticipation is exciting for sure.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck! Hope you get a truck load.

7. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The good thing about Ky, is that it kinda caters to muzzleloaders. Bow season has been in for a couple of weeks, then this weekend we have 2 days of muzzleloading only. Then it all drops off for about a month, then regular gun season starts. Plus the 2 farms I hunt at, nobody is there but me. My father-in-law says he's spotted a 16 pointer floating around there, but he doesn't hunt so it's all me, IF i can get a shot on it, lol.

8. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good luck to ya! I know how excited you are. We aren't going to get to blackpowder hunt this year; heck, we can't hardly get ready for regular gun season! So much to do! But, our rifle season opens Halloween!!! And I can't wait. The girls at work are already sick of me talking about it!!! And my husband & I are both off the first full week of the season.
    Good luck to all hunters!!

9. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    That would excite anyone. Good luck with the hunt. And Keep us posted. If I can't hunt at least through your hunt I can do it absentia. So get the big one.

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck Brandon ! Use that 1 buck tag wisely LOL ! Cooler weather forcasted hope you don't get rained out hadn't checked the weekend forecast .

11. KATTERMAN

KATTERMAN New Member

State:
    OKLA
    good luck brandon hope you get the big one,i know what you mean about being excited our youth season starts the 10-16-09 for 3 days i have a 12 and 10 yr old boys to take. i do'nt know who is more excited them or me. again good luck on giving one a dirt bath

12. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well I was out all weekend. Saw 4 does on Saturday, but non were in distance, woke up at 6am on sunday morning. Went out to my spot, watched a young doe for about 15 mins hoping something was behind her. Nothing happened so I decided to take her since it was the first good shot I had all weekend. She's gonna eat GOOOOOOD! It was a awesome weekend with the guys. Killed a deer and got to come home to my beautiful wife when it was all said and done. Life is good!

13. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Congrats on your doe. My Buddy and I were in Ky this weekend for the muzzleloader hunt. On Saturday morning I killed a big ole doe and Saturday evening Tim killed a big ole doe. We saw several bucks but no shooters. I'll be back there for opening of rifle season.

14. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats guys on thinning the ky doe herd !! Brandon is there a spot open for the 2nd weekend of rifle season ? I could maybe slip up some day before hand if you would like to meet up .

15. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah the 2nd weekend should be good. I'm moving my feeders around this weekend, and putting up a new blind. So by the time season starts we should be ready to go. Most of the deer are still up in the alfafa field, but should be moving food sources pretty soon. So we should be good.

16. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thx ! If I make it let me know before season opener if I would be buck hunting only ...First weekend I go to my inlaws in west KY to hunt /daughters b-day . So if I need to pass a decent buck there I will are you trying to QDM your farm ? Have no problem shooting a doe or a cull buck if prefered .

17. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats on all the kills, guys! Way to go! Man, I love this time of year when everyone starts posting their hunting details.:wink:

18. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Weekend of the 10th and 11th was our youth gunseason. We took 3 of the boys saturday. 2 10 yr olds and a 12 yr old. Corn is still in, very little was cut. Only seen a few does too far away. One of the 10 yr olds took his first archery deer friday evening, big doe, so one day was enough for him with little action. He left saturday evening said he didnt want to be greedy,lol. Sunday morning the 10 yr old and I hunted a pop up blind. 12 yr old hunted a ladder stand by himself and his dad bow hunted on the north side of the farm. About 8am I seen a real nice buck coming up the hill toward us, about 70 yards southeast of the blind is a community scrape. It is open year round, in the summer its about 2' across, by November 7th its the size of a 57 chevy hood. Anyhow I got the gun barrel out the window and woke up the 10yr old. He finaly got unwrapped from hand muffs, blankets, foot warmers etc and got to the window. Kicked a soda bottle over and it hit his chair and the buck angled away. He's only allowed to shoot at broadside deer right now so we let him walk. It headed east toward the 12 yr old, about 5 minutes later we heard the shot. 12 yr old got him, took awhile to track him as he was angled toward and the 20 ga slug angled into the brisket and lodged in the lungs. Very sparse blood trail. Non-typical 10 point,had 2 big points that split off the main beam broke off and one broke on the same side, should of been a 13 point. Left antler has split G2's and G3's so its a 6x4 now. Field dressed 165lbs, 2 1/2 yr old, 26" spread, I think I was happier then he was. The 12 yr old is a hunter and a half, Ive seen him sit thru weather with me most grown men wouldnt. We sat thru an ice strorm in '07 sunup to sundown. Got to love deer hunting!

19. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Awesome! Tell them both Congrats!

20. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

There is so many deer out there, you can shoot whatever you want. If you're just trying to stock the feezer there are PLENTY of does. I'm putting up the camera this weekend so hopefully we'll see some bucks on there