I'm so ashamed of my self.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Love Them Cats, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I let some crappie fishermen outlast me today.:big_smile:

I decided to go fishing this morning, the temp was 40 and windy.:sad2:

When I got there, there was another guy there crappie fishing and he told me that they were biting real slow and the few he had caught were small ones.
    It was pretty cold there on the water, but I give it a try anyway.

I was there about an hour and a half and only caught one little cat, and by this time I was so cold, I could hardly move, so I packed up and went home with my head hung low.:embarassed:

As I was leaving, a couple more guys showed up, and the guy that was there when I got there was still there. They were dressed a little warmer then I was also.
    I think if I had some warm coveralls and gloves, I would have stayed longer?
    :0a33:

Ken

2. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    don't let it bother you. My dad is a die hard crappie fisherman and he will fish for hours in snow, sleet, hail, you name it. he would outlast me too. Us catfisherman are just smart enough to know when to call it a day, Know when to hold em and when to fold em'. :cool2:

3. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Better luck next time.

Went fishing about 2 weeks ago on a lake here and it was the worst wind ever. the temp was in the 40's as well with a good overcast. I froze, I couldnt think about nothing but getting warm. Tried several other spots but finally we gave in, mother nature was whooping us.

You tried, thats what matters. :lol:

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    better to give it up go home have a nice hot cup of coffee or coca,than to stay out there and get sick and wind up in the hospital.

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    sounds like a cold day on the water hope youll have a better day on the water later

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Like That Kenny Rogers song you got to no when to hold them and when to fold them:big_smile_2:

7. zoelife

zoelife New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OH man,you did good.You will be better prepared next time.Where did you go?bernice?
    I have not been in a few weeks.
    Peace and Plenty,
    Kevin

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    if i am dressed for it i can hang but if the wind is a bitin and that is all that is then its time to hit it and chalk it up to a bad day of fishing beats a good day at work:tounge_out:

9. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Yeah, I went to Bernice.
    When I left the house, it wasn't that bad and I thought my sweatshirt was going to be enough, but I was wrong.

I'll be ready next time I go.

Ken

10. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    There is nothing worse than freezing your butt off. In the summer you can take off your shirt at least. Me I HATE COLD!
    Bill

11. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    You live and learn!!!! You will know next time!!

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    For us to break out the insulated coveralls warms boots gloves and hats.If you don't want to hang the rods up then don't once you've figured out how to get warm and stay warm you'll be fine!Good luck!:big_smile:

13. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Get yourself some insulated coveralls. The black ones with the black lining made by Carhart are toast warm and aren't too expensive. Or, if you have a bunch of money to spare, Cabela's high end Gore-Tex lined, insulated coveralls can't be beat.

14. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I have been so cold on the water that i couldn't move my fingers. Now I'm old enough to go home when I get too cold. However, I must say that there isn't anything I enjoy much more the sitting in my boat on a cold morning, fishing, and drinking a good hot cup of coffee.

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sounds like ya took a knife to a gun fight. LOL!