I'm so angry

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by plumbertom1, Jul 11, 2007.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I could just spit.
    I was supposed to be on board the Pacific Islander out of Channel Islands Harbor tonight.
    I helped my son in law arrange a charter trip as a promotional item for the investment firm he is a broker at more than a month ago.
    Not only myself but 15 clients were looking forward to this trip for some time.
    One hour before we were planning to leave our house to drive to the landing they called and cancelled the trip. Some of which had already left for the landing and were unreachable to inform them of the cancellation.
    No attempt to try and get us another boat, no offer of a future discount, nothing but an offer to reschedule.
    Now if it was the first time I had experienced this type of problem at this landing I might not comment on it but the last time i was scheduled to take a trip on one of their boats they switched boats at the last minute, I mean we were standing at the dock getting ready to board when the captain tells us we can get on the smaller boat or go home. We had already paid our fare, for crying out loud. Once on board we find out that there is not even room enough for all the people to sit down.
    I'm sorry to say I can no longer recommend that anyone patronize Channel Islands Sportfishing. If you want to fish out of Channel Islands Harbor do your self a favor and deal with Capt. Hooks Sportfishing. They at least offered us a boat in the morning and a hotel accommodation for overnight and the cancelled trip was with another landing.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Tom, Sorry to hear about the trip..... maybe a note to WON is something that needs to be done about that place...... Capt. Hooks Sportfishing is going out of their way to help you guys out.... keep in touch....

bayrunner ray

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Wow sorry to hear about that Tom.

4. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Man, what a bummer. Sorry Tom. I wouldn't do business with an outfit like that. You are doing all sportfishers a service by posting their poor business practices and treatment of customers here. Maybe a decrease in business will let them see the error of their ways.

:cool2:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That SUCKS! I know you should have frequent floating miles:wink: Good heads up for other future deep sea adventures. I know that outfit will miss your buisness.

6. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I can understand your anger and frustration. Did they give a reason for the cancellation? Out in Half Moon Bay, trips can be canceled at the last minute due to weather conditions. The worst I'd heard about was a "boomerang morning" (i.e. boat goes out, only to find that conditions are too rough for fishing. Boat returns)

-- Rich

P.S. I believe that if you'd chartered a particular boat, the folks running the sportfishing outfit should have made sure you knew about any changes before the day of the trip.

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Just so you Know, I'm no novice when it comes to fishing the sport fleet in So. Ca.
    I've know that sometimes the boats have problems.
    I've been left standing at the dock when I had thought I was going fishing more than the times I mentioned here but I was always treated like the landing valued my patronage.
    And look again, that's two out of two trips.
    I don't even have to rely on Charters or party boats to fish our local waters and Islands. I own my own 24" sport fisher. I just happen to like supporting the local fleet and some times it's nice to let someone else do all the work.

8. Catman2

Catman2 New Member

State:
    California
    Im sorry also to hear about that, but look at the brighter side, you convinced alot of us here not to do business with them, kinda like you tell 10 friends and they tell 10 more, so on and so on...hope they feel more then a pinch over this...I feel like emailing them and giving my 2 cents worth!! heck I think I will afterall.
    Russ