im really wanting to catch some big catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by jgibson1, Sep 7, 2009.

1. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah ive been catching these five pound channel cats their fun but i still wanna catch the mosters everyone else is catching antone know where to catch em?

2. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    depends where you are at the white/wabash for flatties ohio for blues yes for blues even white has them too

3. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome to the boc and can you tell me where you got the 5 pounder?:embarassed:

4. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you would be amazed at where you'd catch them and its not always the location that makes the difference sometimes its the season and the bait or tackle even, and sometimes it the size of the body of water. there r probably bigger fish in the same location you r catching your fish.

5. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    well my girlfriend lives in greenfield and ive been waitin for her to go to sleep then going across the street where there's some appartments built around a lake ive caught twenty pounds of channel out of there the last two times ive gone, i caught em all on hot dogs.

6. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i live twenty minutes southeast of indianapolis so i guess white river would be closer but i still wouldnt know any good spots if i went lol

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    use google earth to look for creeks bends jambs and so on, then go try them out first hand. someone mite give you a few spots but the best ones are found by yourself and kept to yourself.:wink:

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    All you can do is go and search. Sometimes you have to go a long time without catching them working on a new technique or new places. Then one day all that work and effort will pay off.

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah man try fishing the white. or take a trip down to lake monroe....and lets try to start useing other baits besides hot dogs....go to wal mart and buy a cheap cast net and start throwing the net and try to get some bluegill and shad and start useing those instead of those weinners

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Missouri John.

11. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    john, i tried to get you to do some real fishing this weeked.. lol you didnt miss much, there was so much boat traffic at monroe this weekend, we could only fish a few of the spots i wanted to try.

12. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    yah i got a spot of the sugar creek that im gonna try on saturday but it might turn into more of a drinking trip than a fishing trip lol