I'm pumped! - Got some new fishing reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Mr Twister, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    I just got 2 Abu Garcia 7000 LD big game reels off ebay! They are used, but I only paid $50 apiece for them. Can't wait to get them and see how I like them! Let's go fishin!

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Sounds like you got yourself one heck of a deal...no wonder your pumped!....LOL.....Good Luck with them.:)

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am sure you will like them, they are great reels good luck!

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Told ya E-Bay was a great place for reels!!!

That is an awesome deal!!! Those are great reels, and you can haul some pigs in with them.

5. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    I see you are from Ohio. I was fishing with a buddy in Mt Vernon. He had an awesome canoe and said he got it from one of the catfishing guys who didn't like it. Any chance it is you! If so, thanks for the boat. We had it out once and he may have had it out much more...we caught a ton of smallies and rock bass out of it in late October. Anyway, good fishing.

6. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Congrats!! Have fun using them!!

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    YES, that was Flathunter. That was one heck of a deal you got on his canoe! Shh.... He just bought a VERY nice Jon boat. But I want 1st dibs on it :p

I send Flathunte's opinon, you'll love the 7000's!

8. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the good deal you got!

9. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Probably was my canoe, I hope he enjoys it.

10. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    OK...one lasat question about the reel. It is the Big Game 7000 which looks like it has a smaller capacity for line? Do you use this reel? What line do you have it spooled with. I looked at the Berkley Big Game, but based on line diameter and the specs on the reel it looks like I'd only be able to spool 130 yds of 30# line? That doesn't seem like enough to me? How much line should I have spooled?

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have that BG 7000, and I have 30-lb berkly biggame line on it..It holds plenty for me.

12. Mr Twister

Mr Twister New Member

State:
    Toronto, OH
    If it works for you it'll work for me...thanks Jack. I'm from Circleville and if I'm ever home I may look ya up.

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Heck Jack, since you been fishin with Mellon and he has you so jinxed....you could get by with using JWs 2 lb test and it would not matter.:p ..LOL ain't nothing gonna pull any line off your reels with Mellon around:rolleyes: ..LMAO

14. BigBlues

BigBlues New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good deal, can't go wrong with the 7000's:)

15. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I have a 10000 Big Game on a 7ft Tiger Stick, I only have about 150 yards of 80lb Stealth on it right now, I love it even more than my Penn levelwinds, just takes some adjusting on the spool for me to get it casting good. It should hold quite a decent amount of line. For me I have alot less line than I can hold but I also have a really heavy superline and rod to muscle in the fish. If you want to make it more fun just go lighter with higher capacity but superlines are way cool

16. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sounds like you got a good deal, I just purchased a abu 9000ct new for 90.00 on ebay can't wait to get it and try it out. Its going on my custom rod that I got as a door prize from a local tourney last year.

17. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    65/16 PowerPro line may give the amount of strong line you are looking for if you like super lines some folks don't.