Im outta luck,wanna go fishing,nowhere to go

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by flatheadchris, Jan 6, 2007.

1. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    Well im craving to go today for the 1st time since last september[i dont fish to much in the winter],well i have a delima,i have no boat,and all the local pay lakes are closed,and all the local small pods are either fished out or have nothing but bait in it..all the local large lakes are hard to get access to without a boat or any good fishing spots at least.what is there left to do?:sad2:

2. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Catch bait? :haha::big_smile_2:

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Being in SC you can`t be to far from the coast go out on a head boat it beats nothing:smile2:

4. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    If you can scrape the cash together, you might hire a guide with a boat. However, the reports I've seen put the price at about $200 for freshwater :eek:oooh:. An alternative is to get enough friends together to chip in for a saltwater charter; that should bring down the cost per person. If you do that, don't forget to bring some money to tip the deckhand; in this area, it's how they make their money.

-- Rich

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Heres another for catching bait, its better than nothing.

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Just bankfish from one of the lakes. Who knows what'll happen...It'll be nice to at least satisfy that craving. Good luck, I feel your pain.

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Whoa, it seems to me S.C. has three or four fair sized rivers and a couple of very large lakes with miles and miles of shoreline.
    You know fishing isn't just about catching , it's also about being in the outdoors, pursuing the fish where they are not lumping in the boat, learning about the hard to fish places and what works when everything else doesn't.
    Instead of saying there are no fish in the local pond, try a new technique and see if you can get one those that were to smart to fall for the usual tricks. Very few waters get fished out, the fish just get wise to whats being presented.
    If nothing else it will get you out into the out doors for a while and if you catch a fish anytime you are fishing consider it a bonus.

8. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    eh i ended up spending 60.00 today and playing paintball,it was fun,im sore now:tounge_out:

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Have you been to the Diversion Canal on Santee Cooper or the Re-Diversion Canal? What about the river below Pinnopolis Dam? I have caught some good fish over 20lbs from the docks in the marinas. Take a drive, look around, I think you'll find there are lots of opportunities...W

10. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Exactly what Winston said. I would definetly fish the diversion canal or somewhere on one of those lakes and rivers. Never know whats gonna eat and where and what time.