Im off to cannelton right NOW!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by OhioRiver, May 24, 2009.

1. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im gonna spend a good amount of time fishin.. TTYALL LATER! lol

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    what only fishing no time spent on catching thats a shame. oh by the way good luck and catch a big one ... remember cpr!!!!

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    =] No weight scales =[ Not a bad night... Only 1 catfish. Some guys caught a small flathead lastnite, and then this morning a guy in a boat was catching 30+ lbers like they were nothin. I dont know how he did it. He wasnt very far from where we were!

Attached Files:

5. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
  6. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    oh yea, thats my first blue. :)... Ive always had bad luck catching a blue. The channel cats ALWAYS found my bait first.

So based on me being 5'8" and 165 lbs, could you give me a guesstimate on weight for the cat? I figured it would go between 10 and 13 lbs.....

7. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

The water was a little stained, but not bad at all. And just a foot or 2 above pool level.

Attached Files:

8. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    id say it looked pretty clear by that photo... well crongrats on ur first blue and may there be more where that one came from... guess im gonna have to take a trip up to cannelton seems to be where all the fish are bitin

9. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Boats started showing up right as it began getting light out. The skipjacks were literally going crazy. And most of them were in the 12-16 inch range. The stripers were also biting on cutbait. ALSO, that one guy wasnt the only person catching big fish. There were other boats out there pulling em in too.