I'm NOT Bill Dance!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AllenM, Jun 12, 2006.

1. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Alrighty gang... As humiliating as this is, I figure you will all get a sadistic tickle out of hearing the story, so here it goes....

Went to he river tonight and fished for bass, or what ever would bite. After a couple hours of nothing I packed up my tackle bag, slung it over my shoulder, picked up my rods and headed up the hill to the car. By the time I reached the car, a stick bait with 3 treble hooks had slipped up out of a pocket on the tackle bag, and firmly set a hook in the right hand back pocket of my jeans! Meanwhile firmly setting one of the OTHER hooks into the seem of the bag! So there I am, this tackle bad attached to my rump by a dang topwater lure!! :crazy:

Geeez.... I stood there for a good 10 minutes trying to get this hook out of my butt!! Some guy loading a boat finally asked if I needed a hand, and the worst part was that I DID!! I couldn't get a look at the dang thing to get it out without sticking myself some more with it!! He came over and I turned over my pliers to him, and in a couple moments he'd got the hook out of my jeans, but man.... how EMBARRASSING!! (pun intended!)

As rare a moment as it was, I figured I HAD to share it with you all. Now Mellon can pick on ME for a while, LOL!!!

2. AllenM

AllenM Guest

OUCH!! I think most of us have done something like that at one time or another, but to get a hook in the cheek of my rump? C'mon, brother! You'll never get a better chance to tease me than THAT!! :big_smile:

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well okay then, here goes (a very weak attempt) DRUM ROLL PLEASE......

"And I thought my fishing partner Flathutner was a pain in the a__ _ "

Hopefully everyone gets that, if not here is a break down of the line:

Flathunter = Pain in the rear for H2O Mellon
    Hooks in the buttocks = Pain in the rear for AllenM :big_smile:

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Now that was a sticky situation.I hope your not the butt of two many jokes. been thre done almost that. lmao

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    The question is, did ya learn anything?
    Leave them dang green scaly things alone and maybe they will go away!:big_smile:

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Well Allen I cant say I ever had one fall out and hook me but I did have a kid I was teaching the fine art of bass fishing to hook me lol Hey it could of been bad for the guy that helped you out. Think of the commercial on tv about gas ROFL.

7. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Brother I feel your pain, I was at the DMV one day getting new car tags and the zipper on the pocket of my warm-ups got stuck. One of the ladies had to come around the counter to help me unzip my hip pocket, or as she put it unzip my britches.

needless to say I was quite embarressed

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mr. Hookbutt: Were you trying to make a POINT. You need not impress us with your SHARP wit. You are lucky someone came along that knows what a BUTPAIN feels like. I bet you felt like you had a NEDDLE stuck in your ENDING.

9. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i want to tease yea but i dont think i can. because i get hooks in my jeans,shirts,tackle bags and anything else that a hook can pierce! :lol: i think i need to just drop fishing.....................LIKE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN!!!:lol: :lol:

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds pretty much like Bill Dance to Me:lol: :big_smile: 777

11. AllenM

AllenM Guest

ROFL!!! :lol:

Thanks all! NOW I feel like part of the FAMILY!!! LOL!!!!

At least I can say I took some of the heat of of Mellon for a little while, hehehe!!!

Ya, when this happened that was the first thought in my head... Bill Dance!! I couldn't believe I was really in that situation! Gotta be able to laugh at ourselves if we're gonna laugh at others though, so I HAD to share this little tidbit. :big_smile:

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well buddy even bill dance has bloopers videos. matter of fact he's quite clumsy......he's like a proffessional mellon

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    same with me Bryan. That pic looks familiar. We were out what a half hour before i cut myself :tounge_out:

14. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Ya, those blooper clips are about all I've ever seen of Bill Dance, hence the thread title. LOL!