Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site by accident on yahoo. Signed up yesterday. Alot of good information so far. I live near Myrtle Beach, SC and fish primarly on the Santee Cooper lakes 5-10 times a year. Would like to meet and fish with some other respectable "locals" sometime. Also want to learn the Pee Dee river better and try for some flatheads there. I have a 25ft pontoon but that might be too big for some landings inland on that river. Thoughts?
Thanks,
Jonathan

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Hi, Jonathon, and welcome to the club. I think you're on the right track for some good catfishing right in your home area. The GPD and Waccamaw have a lot of good fishing, as well as the Little PD river. I don't fish them a lot myself, but there are a few here who do. Don't hesitate to chime in with any questions or comments you care to make. We are all here to learn and share, equally. :big_smile:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am also new, I found the sight by following a poster from Ohio Game Fishing sight just a guess at the time but I like what I have found. I have fished the Ohio, in Ohio and the Wabash in Illinois. I hope to fish lake Norris N.C. this year with my son he lives in Huntersville N.C. next week I will be fishing Percy Priest Tn. with the son-in-law who lives in Hendersonville Tn. (Crappie).

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Johnathan you have found the right place. I fish the Pee Dee, Waccamaw, and the santee lakes. I live not too far from you right outside of Florence. I would like to get together and fish for them Flatties on the Pee Dee they are my favorite. Welcome to the BOC.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Hi Jonathon! Welcome to the best site for all of your questions on fishing and the such. Don't hesitate to ask about advice. There is a bunch of great guys and gals who are members of the BOC. Most have great answers to any questions you may have.:big_smile::0a25::0a23:

Mark from Nebraska..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.