I'm new here, I'd like to introduce myself

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by Sakon, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Sakon

Sakon New Member

State:
    Sand Lake, MI
    Well Ive been lurkiing for about 24 hours mostly here in the MI part of the board I have ventured out into the main part also. This seems to be a great group of people. I'm pretty much an amature at cat's. I cought a couple smaller flatties on the K-zoo by the Allegan dam, also pulled in a few channels.

I also enjoy fishing steelies and kings in the winter I dont have any better luck landing them either lol. My fav. rivers to fish are the Muskegon (Croton Dam area), The Rogue (I have not found any cats here yet:angry: ), and the K-zoo river (best flat cat spot for me yet:lol: ). I've also tried different sections of the Thornapple (I have not caught anything here). I dont have a boat so I bank fish or wade.

I must say from what I've read over the past 24hrs you seem like a great group of guy's. I look forward to meeting some of you as I have no friends that will go for the cats with me (A bunch of trout and salmon snobs lol) Please dont take offense to that comment. I also enjoy catching a trout now and again.

I used to live south of GR near Allegan, I have relocated to the north side of town now I live in Sand Lake (about 30 miles north of the city). I'm looking for any info on the Rogue or the Muskegan as I live about halfway between these areas. I have fished both but mostley for steelhead.

I apologize that this is so long. I am really excited to have found this forum. I hope it becomes more than just a forum I hope to make some new fishing buddies here.

Thanks for reading my ramble,
    Ben Sakon

2. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Welcome aboard Ben!!!!
    Sounds to me like you have stumbled into and found the right place.

This place really is awesome and filled with great people and I am sure you will find what you are looking for here.

LOL... this place still excites me too!!

Tony
    _

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Ben, Welcome to the Brotherhood. We are glad to have you in the family. Just dive in and make yourself at home.

I see that you are a cnc machinist, I use to run Mazak bar machines and Hardinge gang toolers and some others but those were my favorites.

st

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome to the brotherhood, Ben! I gave you some good reps and some funny money to get you started. You're on your way to getting hooked! :roll_eyes:

5. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I too am an ex-machinist. Was an Instrument Machinist and later got into CNC machines and programming. I cut my teeth on Hurco milling machines.

_

6. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    hello and welcome.if you like catfishing your in the right place

7. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Welcome to the Boc Bro. And you are right, these are the best group of guys and gals you will ever meet.

8. Sakon

Sakon New Member

State:
    Sand Lake, MI
    Seadtick:
    I have run mostly horizontal mills in the automotive industry cutting dies. Some of the machinery I have ran are Mazak (the cadillac of anything I have ran or programmed), Haase, Hurco (cut my teeth here also) and I program and do design work with mastercam Software. It's good to see that I have somthing in common with some of you.

Thanks for the warm welcome from those of you that responded already your responding faster than I can type. lol.

What is the funny money?? I'm still learning all the dif. functions of this board it seems to have alot more functions than I'm used to.

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Hey welcome to the BOC Ben!

You're in a fantastic group of guys and youre fishing the right rivers too. Heck.. you are even located near the largest concentration of Michigan guys- the west side of the state by Grand Rapids.

You're welcome to join us on any trip we go on and dont feel bad about being a salmon and/or trout guy- there are times of the year when I become one of those snobs too... but I always return to cats. :big_smile:

If you have any questions, just pop on the michigan site and ask and so long as we are not under nuclear holocaust, one of us will pipe up and answer you. Believe me when I tell you you are in good company. Ive fished with all but one michigan guy and the only reason I havent met riverKat is by chance...

I always remark how blessed the michigan BOC is for its members being such upstanding fellas. If this state is any indication of the typical BOC guy nationwide, you'll never find a place in the lower 48 without finding a BOC brother or sister willing to welcome you on their boat or next to them on the bank... chances are you're gonna get more than you bargianed for with the smoked suckers, jambalaya, red beans rice, desserts, wild game, brats, homebrew beer, and other goodies and colorful conversation jammed down your throat.

Once again, welcome- an I encourage you to get out and meet us when you can afford it and have the time. If you're independantly wealthy, then heck... Im an orphan too. ROTFL

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Welcome aboard the Cruise Ship BOC!!!!

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC, I seem to find myself on here everyday, a couple times a day.

12. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Welcome Ben. Enjoy the ride! LOL!

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congratulations Ben on finding the best catfishing forum on web! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

14. Sakon

Sakon New Member

State:
    Sand Lake, MI
    Sal
    Sal unfortunatley I'm not very wealthy at the moment. I've been off work most of the summer. Long story short I used to race motorcycles and ruptured a disc in my neck. On the plus side I have had more time than I know what to do with. Another plus is I have been feeling better and have been able to get to the river a couple times in the past week. A first for me this summer I think I'm going through fishing withdraws lol. I guess my point is I'm pretty well geared up and have more time than anything lately. So as long as I'm feeling ok I'm going to be on a river Prolly the Muskegan as it's only 15 min from home.

I belong to some other forums and I have never seen this type of welcome before Again thank you ALL for the warm welcome.

Ben Sakon

15. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Ben, glad to have you with us.

PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE ADDICTION

:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: Elliot

16. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    That reminds me of something my dad used to say alot. "You either have TIME, or MONEY, but seldom both at once." I have to say I have found there to be a lot of truth to that. Right now I am shorter on time then money. (I don't expect that to last long though, and then I will be short on money...lol)

These good folks here at the BOC have got me so strung out on the drug called "fishing" that sometimes I too feel the ugly effects of fishing withdrawl. Hopefully I can drown some bait this weekend.

OK, this is really going off on a tangent, but do any of you ever have dreams of fishing? (*raises my hand*), OR, ever play a computer video game (that had nothing to do with fishing) and look at the water features in it and try and figure where the best spot to fish would be? (*also raises my hand*).

It's an illness I tell you! I think I need help! LOL
    Am I the only one?
    _

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC,Its great to have another member!

18. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC. It's addictive!!

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Welcome to the Boc

20. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hay Ben You struck Gold when You found this sight Sir. The folks on here are not only friendly but perty smart to, and there willing to share there knowlage with a brother member. So a Big welcome to the BOC and jump right in You won't be a stranger for very long OK. Oh and one pice of advice form a new friend.Don't eat to many of them Big catfish just take a picture and turn them back loose cause it's bad on the teeth just look what it did to Mine! LOL J.D.
    :big_smile: