I'm moving to AR

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Believer, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I start a new job in Fort Smith, AR. on Sept. 15th we're looking forward to it, but it's definitely a bitter/sweet time. Hopefully, the house will sell quickly and my family will join me right away.

Eric

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Eric, my friend, you have my deepest sympathy. have a DNA test done on yourself and family before you leave, as i hear they don't do those in arkansas:wink::smile2:

you ain't far from me, maybe we can fish together one of these days:big_smile:

3. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    LOL, Thanks Phil! I think....

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    You'll have to get both a Arkansas and Oklahoma fishing license. There's good fishing on both side but you'll have better fish on the Oklahoma side.:wink: Hope all works out for ya during the move. Lot's of nice area's for hunting and fishing for your new home.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm about an hour and half due north of Ft. Smith. Not a bad area and lots of good huntin an fishin. Good luck with your move and hope ya enjoy ark. as much as i have.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    But I know you got todo what you got to do. Would love to go fishin with you at least one more time. We didn't make it at all last year and here you are sneakin away.:roll_eyes: Hope the transfer go smooth as silk for you and best of luck in your new job .

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Eric good luck on the new job, also hope the move goes smoothly :cool2:. Don't worry about that there dn & a test, we already know who we is and where we comes from here so we don't need no stinking test like they do in Oklahoma :wink::smile2:. I live about 25 miles north of Fort Smith and work for the City of Fort Smith. As Chris mentioned it would be a good idea to get both an Arkansas and Oklahoma fishing license when you get settled in. Give me a shout and me and Sam will take ya out on Kerr in Oklahoma.

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, it would be nice if time permits.

I went out last night for the first time this year & got skunked! :smile2: We were fishing the wing dam near the Quincy bridge on the MO. side & the guy who owned the boat hooked something but lost it. :crazy:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Eric,My wife's family lives a whole 40 miles from there in OK I might just have to give ya a call when were there and wet a line with ya ,ya transplanted arkie:smile2:

10. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That would be great! Judging by your awards I could learn a thing or 2 from you! :big_smile:

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Glad to see you move to our state.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good luck Eric! :big_smile: Hope the move to Arkansas goes well for you and family! :cool2:

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Do any of you guys have a concealed carry permit?

We can't carry here in IL. so I would like to apply for my permit when I get to AR. and was wondering how hard it is to get?

Eric

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to Arkansas!!!!!! You can learn what NOT to do from Johnny!!!!! You get settled in give us a holler.....maybe my boat will be ready in 2-3 weeks:confused2:

15. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Sounds great!

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Eric, If I remember right you like to bow hunt. If Fort Chaffee is open to bow hunting this year it is some of the best bow hunting in the state. You will have to go to a class to get a permit to hunt on it. It's a short drive and you could hunt every evening after work. Also lots of National forest in the area thats a short drive. Theres three mountains up around the house I could show you that is all public hunting that get some pressure but not real bad.

17. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.

Yes, I prefer bow hunting, but love shotgun hunting as well. I've driven by Chaffee, it's a big place. What type of class is required to hunt there? Does it get a lot of pressure?

It's good to know there are public lands around; I was told that AR had VERY little public land.

Do Chaffee or the other public lands allow stands to be put up? I have a couple of ladder stands and a climber, as well as a ground blind.

Eric

18. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    eric welcome to the best deal on the planet.ARKANSAS
    sam and johnny are 2 of the best and they know kerr realy well.theres several boc brothers in and around fort smith and we fish a bunch of different ways.soon as you get settled in give out a shout and im sure some of us would be proud to go fishing with you.i live 2 hours south of fort smith but i fish texas,oklahoma,and arkansas.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the great state of Arkansas.

Wife and I have had CCW permits for 10 years. We moved here from TX, had to be a state resident for a year.

Not hard to obtain, firearms class required, cost listed on the link. We used a local private detective that has state license. Takes about 2 months or it did back then. Probably the local gun stores can tell you some names of qualified instructors.

For info, click here.

20. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Eric dont listen to Phil, you do not have to take a Down-N-Arkansas Test to Move here that is an old wives tell.:wink: