i'm lost

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by massa_jorge, Sep 7, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    doing a motor swap on my explorer. someone who was 'helping' pulled all the plugs of the distributor. yay! engine is a 1991 v6 4.0 liter. all i can find on the net is firing order of the spark plugs. i know the order of the wires, 1-2-3-6-5-4, is NOT the way the plugs line up. does anyone know, or know where on the web i can find this info out? i have the new motor in, but i'm afraid to go further till i know the order! help!

2. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    You can go to the explorerforum.com and someone could probably help also they may have a diagram at the autozone website , they do have online repair manuals for most vehicles.I know some of our members have one of these motors but if you are in a hurry it might be worth checking out.good luck

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    go to autopart stores like autozone,pepboys or try hanes manuel or chilton manuel...hope this helps-- if just spark plugs you have problem isnstalling there is no certain way those go in just install the plugs

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have the new plugs in, but i am unsure of the sequence of the wires on the distributor. i asked on that aforementioned site, and i will check the other sites as well.

5. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
  6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    alright! so here's a dumb question: the little square on the bottom is the 'distributor' right? and the big one on top is the engine?

7. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
  8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    got it. thanks so much for your help! i can get this thing wired right now! oh, and what i was calling the distributor is a coil pack. i'm learning...

9. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC

lol this is true... chevy and ford started to get away from dizzy's in the early 90s and are using coil packs on most of there stuff. hope you get that thing running. anytime you need help with car stuff.. ask me.ill be glad to help