I'm looking...

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by river_runner_85, Aug 17, 2008.

1. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Hey you all. I'm am interested to see how many of you out there are a Missouri Tigers fan. I'm interested in seeing how this season will turn out. Hopefully we get a BCS bowl game this year.
    GO TIGERS!!!

2. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The tigers should be a shoe in for a BCS game if they can take care business when it comes to the Big 12 Championship game with OU.....I'm really looking forward to seeing the real KU this season....having to play Texas Tech, Texas, and OU will guarantee the Jayhawks 3 losses.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I dont think so Jon. Ill give you the Oklahoma game as we will be in Norman for that one, but Texas and Texas Tech is in Lawrence, and Im extremely confident we will take care of business in those two games. :cool2:

4. angiereid21

angiereid21 New Member

State:
    Excelsior Sp MO
    GO MIZZOU

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    MU is the only good thing that we have around KC. Chiefs and the royals are horrible

6. river_runner_85

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    amen to that. i cannot wait until the college football season to start. ecspecially the tigers.

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    You forgot the KU Jayhawks. The College Basketball National Champions. They are closer to KC than MU. :big_smile:

8. angiereid21

angiereid21 New Member

State:
    Excelsior Sp MO
    I don't think it was they forgot!!:smile2:

9. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think they have one of the tougher schedules this year, so we see how the BCS treats us.

10. river_runner_85

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    yeah ku has a tougher schedule this year than they did last year. so we will have to see how it goes for them. i still predict mu to be in a bcs bowl game this year.

11. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    mu has an much easier schedule than KU. Mu plays #24 Illinois in St Louis at a neutral site.:crazy:KU plays #14 South Florida at their place.Ku returns almost their entire defense except Aquib Talib. Talib was a Dale Carter like gambler who would make a spectacular play then get burned on the next one.What irritated me last year was that I was willing to admit MU had a great team but you tiger boys would not reciprocate and admit that the Jayhawks were good. The Ku defense was #4 in the nation. But I never thought I would see the day that KU and MU would beat the snot out of Nebraska and steal their recruits. And after all Chase Daniel eats his own boogers on national TV. Just google chase Daniel picks his nose.

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I think that MU will see a BCS Bowl game too, only thing is they will have to buy tickets to see it or watch it from one the the bars in Columbia. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I guess I'm kind of a fence rider...I love MU football and hate their basketball team, I love KU basketball and hate their football team. I guess I'm kind of biased though..I've played ball against some of KU's basketball players, so I think it's really neat to see them on TV and watch them dominate. Either way you look at it, college football is almost here (Thank goodness) and now I've got something else for my wife to complain about taking up my time :crazy:

14. Missouricathunter25

Missouricathunter25 New Member

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    i think mizzou will go all the way this year. i think mizzou will beat ou in the big 12 title game cause its in kc this year. as far as ku goes i see them a .500 team at the most. but come time when the border war at arrowhead this year mizzou will destroy ku!! the only reason ku came back last year is cause mizzou let up and went to prevent d and ran the ball on o and not to mention the refs were on ku's side to. i can't wait till college football. another thing is the reason y ku d was number 4 is cause they had a cream puff schedule last year!! the only real team they played was mu and we all know how that turned out. reesing is still eating turf lol. but i cant wiat till college football! vt should of beat ku but they stopped running the ball! they were destroying ku on the ground and shouldn't have ever went back to passing the ball!!

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    KU winning the National Championship in Basketball and winning the Orange Bowl in Football was a dream come true for me. Missouri had an awesome year, they just couldnt beat OU. Im still on a high from last season. I dont think we'll duplicate last season, but I take alot of pride in knowing that MU will never know what that feels like to have a season like that between the two big college sports. Rock Chalk Jayhawk !!!:cool2:

16. Missouricathunter25

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    you may be right on that part. but every1 knows mu got jipped on a bcs game last yr. we beat ku and illinois and got the cotton bowl. i guess at least we were number 1 in the nation last yr something ku got close to but mu ruined their dreams.:big_smile::big_smile:

17. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    Strength of schedule. No way should KU of had a BCS game. Great season, yes. Heck yes. But they didn't win the big 12 north, they didn't play in big 12 championship and their strength of schedule was at or near the very very bottom of all D1 programs. Nobody can argue that they didn't have a great season, but I don't want to hear about going to the orange bowl without mentioning.....'bribes'

My wife grew up in the boondocks of western ks, and I was in ks during the ku / MU game. Best part of the trip, her and her family went to a wedding that I didn't quite make:wink: and I stayed at the house and watched the game in peace and quiet. A lone MU Tiger, getting a victory over KU in KS. Sweet!

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    That game was played in Missouri, at Arrowhead. Yeah we had an easy schedule for the most part, but Virginia Tech was a top 10 team all year, and top 5 at the end of the year, and we beat them fair and square. We earned that Orange Bowl trophy , nothing was given to us, and as for the bribes, ha, its like the guys on ESPN said, if your fortunate enough to be in a big conference and play in the title game, you better make sure you win it. They had a 2nd chance to beat OU, and didnt. They brought that on themselves. If they would have had a good game against OU, they might have got in a BCS game, but no , they got pounded. KU was outclassed against MU, but we had a shot in the end. We had chances to win that game, and just didnt capitalize on them. It was a close game. Thats why we got the BCS game. MU should have brought their A game the 2nd time around against OU. It doesnt matter much now anyway, I think OU will run away with the Big 12 title again this year, I just hope KU will get at least 10 wins. Its a stretch , but that Texas game is in Lawrence, and we'll get another shot at MU at the end of the season. Anybody can win the national championship this year. Its gonna be a good season to watch all the college games. Those Georgia Bulldogs should win it all , if they can keep their players from getting suspended. Thats gotta be very frustrating for coach Richt.

19. Missouricathunter25

State:
    Weston, Missouri
    Ozzy,
    you are right. lew perkins was kissong ### to the orange bowl commitie while mu was preparing for the big 12 championship. man i can't wait till college football to kick off thursday. as far as the ku mu game. it should of never been close. the refs were on ku's side. plus mu went to running the ball and playing prevent defense to let ku in the game. i was there front row in the mu student section and it was awesome to be there. i really don't think mangino should of got the coach of the year because of ku's weak schedule last yr!!! but this yr come the border war mizzou will remember what happened to them getting jipped and ku getting the orange bowl and mizzou will destroy ku this yr. jack harry for nbc sports here in kc said he's getting tired of all these ku fans bragging they are going to have a good season again this year! he said they had an easy schedule also last year and this year they actually play real teams lol. he picked mu to win the north again. mizzou just has to many weapons on o and d returning!!! go mizzou

20. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    What was Missouri's best win last year. Illinois on a neutral field...they had 4 losses and got walloped in the Rose Bowl.Arkansas on a nuetral field.... they had 5 losses. I guess that would be KU at 12-1. But they sucked according to you. Oh and as far as Oklahoma you lost handily to them twice. And might I point out that Oklahoma got pounded in their bowl game by an interim coach at West Virginia.Your only significant win and you are belittleing them. KU might have beat Oklahoma we'll never know.KU did beat k-state in Manhattan for the first time in 15 years. And they won at o-State and Colorado and at Texas A+M. Nobody wins at Texas A+M not even OU,Texas or even Missouri.And they beat #3 Virginia Tech who did have a tremendous defense.Missouri people have always had some strange idols. Over half of the state was pro-union in the civil war.But you boys only revere the rebels. Jesse James was a back shooting cowardly theif and mass-murderer but he is lionized in Missouri as a hero. No other state worships mass murderers like Missouri. There is no Charles Manson freeway in California, no Gary Gilmore bridge in Utah. There are no monuments to John Wayne Gacy in Chicago.Jennison's Jayhawkers raided Independence ,Mo a year before Quantrill raided Lawrence.While they did steal almost everything that wasn't nailed down they weren't drunk when they got there.They might shoot you if you resisted.Quntrill's men were drunk when they got there and shot every male over the age of 10 in the back. They were not confederate soldiers. In 1864 when they wintered in Texas they raided confederate civilians the same way they raided into Kansas. Mike Anderson and the Missouri basketball team are the perfect continutaion of that hoodlum loser tradition.There were {according to Columbia police} 9 incidents of gunplay involving the Mo BBall team last year alone.Espn .com said there was more gunfire in Columbia ,Mo on a Saturday night than there was in Dodge City circa 1868.