im looking to buy a boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by elalr, Apr 9, 2008.

1. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    OK, i am sick and tired of working on my boats. i have three and none can take me to the water. So after some smoozing the old lady she gave in and gave the ok to get a NEW BOAT! I know for the most part what I want and I think I found it. its a 2006 polar kraft 17 foot w/ a 50 yamaha trolling motor depth finder, and well equiped inside. also its never been new for $12,995. does anyone have any advice on the boat or price. thanks in advance

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Larry when purchasing a new boat my suggestion is to discuss the warranty and get opinions from people who go to the dealer that you are considering purchasing the boat from. Know there reputation for service so that IF you have to get waranty work done you know where you stand. Read the warranty clauses, take your time and figure out what all you want on your boat ( all the goodies) they will just add it on the total cost:wink: Might as well pull it home ready to go!!! I found this info out the HARD way:smile2: Check the model and motor out to see if there having any issues with it.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Does this mean you have three other boats you want to get rid of:wink: I dont know if its gonna solve yer problem or not new boats need fixin too...Just a thought and good luck on the purchase!

4. elalr

elalr New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    thanks for the advice. I do understand that new boats might break but my three boats have only gave me one trouble free trip in almost 10 years. and i fish a lot. and yes i will have two boats for sale in the very near future. thanks again for all the advice.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    let me know were looking for a pond boat!:wink:

6. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT POLAR CRAFT BUT A LITTLE OVER A MONTH AGO I PURCHASED A NEW 2008 LAKE SPORT MADE BY RIVER TRAIL BOATS.IT IS 18/60 WITH A 90 YAMAHA TROLLING MOTOR,DEPTH FINDER,CENTER CONSOLE, PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING EXCEPT LIFE JACKETS AND ANCHOR FOR 12,995 PLUS TAX.JUST MAKE SURE YOU NOT ONLY GET WHAT YOU WAN'T BUT GET WHAT YOU NEED.