im looking to buy a boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by jgibson1, Sep 20, 2009.

1. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Im looking to buy a boat i dont have a whole lot to spend but i was wondering what would be a good boat for catfishing, ive been looking at the fourteen foot john boats with the 42 inch bottom on em but i was also looking at old 70 somethin bass boats i just need some persuading either way

2. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    it depends on where you'll be using it, but i say go with the biggest boat you can afford, and buy an aluminum boat

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    the jon could be used in more locations than a bass boat. plus the smaller engine will use up way less gas money. 14-16ft flat bottom with a 15horse will get you just about anywhere:wink:

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    with where you live man id definately go with a flat bottom. and if u search around u can find a 14 16 foot jon boat with a 25 for almost nothing. i just let my 14 foot jon with a 25 evinrude go for 600 this past spring.

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'd just gone fishing with a boc member & a non member. They both had wide 16' flat bottoms boats that had enabled me to move around some with a back, hip & feet condition. GO FOR IT!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

6. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well a bass boat allows you to be very mobile in a boat you can stand jump, flip ,do as you wish in a bass boat if you like the ability to move around alot in a boat id say go with a bass boat but then again you can go more places in a jon I have a bass boat but i call it a cat-crappie boat.

7. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    i appreciate the input guys, me and my dad have always had john boats but we always seemed to have the narrow ones which cramp up your legs pretty fast, i think i am just gonna buy a huge john boat though i think it would suit my needs good and i could probably find one pretty cheap this winter