I'm keepin an eye on the sky!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Mar 31, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just placed us under a Tornado Watch till 7PM Central time.I flipped over to Noaa.Gov and typed in my zipcode,I feel they give me a better layout of whats going on than weather channel.I keep weather channel on my icon just so I know fairly close what the temp. outside is! Anyway were standing at 66 degree's right now if it keeps getting warmer Noaa>Gov says that makes us ripe for the big thunderstorms and heavy wind which in turn could turn into a tornado.Hope not cause I'm one of em thats located in what is known as Tornado Alley.I'd just as soon keep to a good thunderstorm and call it good.I can jump if the lightening and thunder is fairly close and extra loud but at least if I'm inside the kids and Hubby and myself are safe.That's all that matters!:roll_eyes:

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hope it doesnt materialize for you PK. Prayers for ya

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We're still standing at 66 degree's. However, as forcast the wind is startin to get a little gusty not bad but a little,and the sun is wantin to shine which of course will lead to warmer temps. I have a huge thunderhead outside my window I have a birds eye view of she's a biggun! Just have to wait and see.It's all in God's hands. I am not afraid,we go through this every spring. Thanks for your concern and prayers. Prayers is one thing I will never say no too! Temp up to 67 now just alerted me again!:roll_eyes:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hang in there Pat. He has the whole World in his hand. He knows where youi are at.:smile2: :smile2:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All I have now is high wind warning now,the tornado watch is over. Someone must have got a storm cause we from 67 degree's to 52 degrees in less than an hour and a half. I checked the radar and now MRR is under a flood warning with 90 percent chance of thunderstorms.Thank you for your well wishes but lets turn our concern now for Brother John!:big_smile:

6. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Sister please be safe...take care of the family and the old folks, our thoughts are with you.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well thank you Pat for your concern for this ol man.We made it through with just a little rain ,slight breeze and not even any thunder.Thank you again.God bless ,Stay Safe.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    In 1974 or 5 our town was wiped out by a tornado. I do keep a eye on the sky.
    Bill

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Glad to know all is well with you both Pat andJohn always know mo will see a few twisters thru a year

10. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Spring time in Tornado Alley is always spookey. Spring came a few weeks early this year. I wonder if thats going to make our tornado season longer?

11. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Never been in a tornado.
    But the last 37 years I had to work during every hurricane that hit the Gulf Cost of Florida.
    Now that i am retired I think I'll be a
    "Hurricane Dodger"
    Good luck to you and yours Pat stay safe.