I'm just about fed up with the NRA..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BLKCLOUD, Feb 22, 2008.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Back 6 months or so I joined the NRA for a 5 years membership..I'm not kidding you about this..since then I don't think my dodge dually could haul off all the dang junk mail offers they have sent me..and to make matters worse..My wife stays at home and raises our 5 month old daughter..EVERY SINGLE DAY.. their telemarketers call our house and of course wake the baby..:angry: my wife has told them time and time again not to call..finally day before yesterday she told them If they called us one more time we were quitting and wanted our money back..guess what..they called the very next day..I'm to the point of letting everyone else carry my load and fight for my gun rights if this is what is involved in being a member..:angry:

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have never had a problem with the NRA calling or even with the junk mail. i signed up because they have a free membership for active duty military members. he only thing they have sent me was a big envelope with all of my membership stuff and a couple of magazine once every few months or so. sorry that you are having such a hard time. why not sign up for the national do not call list?

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Sorry to hear that your having that kind of trouble. I have been a member for many years with the NRA and have never had that much junk mail or phone calls from them.
    I hope you can get it resolved. They really are worth signing up with them.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've been a NRA member for almost 40 years. Wife and I have been NRA Life Members for many years. We have upgraded our membership twice since becoming Life Members.

We get NRA mail (not junk mail) asking for more contributions. It is computer generated mail and I suppose some people feel obligated to send in a donation. We don't, we just pitch it in the trash. When we get ready to upgrade our membership we will do it online or on the phone.... not from or through the mail.

As far as phone calls from NRA or other telemarketers, we never get those. We are also registered on the do not call list.

Sorry to hear of your small problem.

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    maybe its cuz ur a new member?????

6. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I don't know what the reason is..and yup we are on the do not call list..:crazy:

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I feel ya, brother. I had the same experience. Wait.... lemme edit this. I still support the NRA & always will. I'm glad we have them.

On a side note, why not join the GOA? The Gun Owners of America is a smaller group, VERY politically active & I feel like they may be able to lobby some issues much more effectively, because all the focus in Washington is on the NRA. The GOA doesn't sell out your rights in any way, they don't ever compromise.

Just a thought.

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Make sure you are in fact on the do not call list.After the first sign-up I think it expired and we all had to re-sign.Never had this problem with the NRA other than an occasional solicitation for donations but times have changed and I do know they are very active during an election year.:big_smile:

9. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    we were getting calls everyday from the nar for one thing or another, mostly servays, after the forth or fifth call i asked why i was getting so many calls in a weeks time, after looking into it they found out that the persons taking the servays never took us off the called list, we don't get may mailing from them so there is no problems. i have a life time membership that i got when i was very young so i never get hit for a renewal or donation.

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Maybe you can find some relief here...

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Bear in mind that by subscribing to them, the National No Call List no longer applies to them. Once you do business with anyone, they can call you as often as they wish with no recourse.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I DO remember all the junk mail when I WAS a member several years back. As indicated they frequently asked for money. It got to the point that I said, damn, if they would quit sending this astronomical amount of paper and spending all that on postage, they could save a fortune. I gave it up.
    BB in SC

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I've quit 2 organizations (not the NRA) for that very reason - seems like all your donation does is pay for the junk mail.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im married, i want more sexualy orientated mail. how do i do that lmao.:smile2:

i was an idot recently too. i filled out a free pc popup. i get 30 spams per day. be changing e-mail soon.

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mark your mail with "blocked sender". Automatically burns them when they come in. If you can stand the smell of smoke. LOL. John.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm sure NRA knows that the mail brings in a lot more money than it cost. Every few weeks I get a new Catalog from Cabela's. About once a year I get a large and very heavy Hardback Copy of their main catalog! I never look at them. I dump them in all the trash. When I'm ready to buy I will buy online. I never buy from the catalog but Cabela's marketing people know that catalog sales work with some folks.

I don't see why it bothers people. If you don't wish to make a donation, throw it in the trash! I think some folks think if they become a member they will never be ask for another donation. The way I feel, NRA is bringing in more donations using the mail. That means more money to fight the big corporations and Billionaires that support more gun control. Folks, that's what it's all about.

After all, there is only a small percentage of gun owners that support gun rights with their pocketbook and not just their mouth.

17. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    I have been a member for 40 years or more and I get all the mail everyone else does. I believe in this organization. We would not have our gun ownership rights today if not for NRA. They are vital for our future generations to keep their Second Amendment rights from being taken away. It does cost money and they survive by our donations. Freedom is not free and that goes for gun ownership. We don't think much about spending money on hunting equipment, leases, ect., but raise cain over a donation request that many times is less than the cost of a box of bullets. NRA can't fight every bad gun bill in every state with just membership signups. They have to send out mail and ask for your donation to survive. Just remember, they have your best interest in mind as a gun owner, and they work hard to protect that. So please, join both your state association and the NRA. Support each when you can with a cash donation and tell other folks to do the same. We all have a tough road ahead for at least the next four years, and you can bet there will be lots of bills at state and federal level that will be trying to limit or take away all your rights as gun owners. Catfishjon

18. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's why I quit the NRA. I haven't been a member for several years and I still get stuff from them. Buck Masters is just about as bad.

19. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Last year at the gun show I donated but did not give my personal info.:embarassed:

20. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Life member here and I dont get much mail from them, or phone calls. My dad is a reg mbr and he says he does get lots of calls.

In my opinon though, thats the way the $ comes in. It might be aggravating, but not having my gun ownership rights would be much more aggravating. I figure they are fighting for me. I hope I dont pizz too many gun owners off, but I almost feel like if your a gun owner and you want to keep that right, you should be a member of the NRA. I may not stand in agreement w/ them 100% fo the time, but again, they are fighting for me.