Im in need of a marine mechanic

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Stump Grinder, May 11, 2009.

1. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My outboard started bogging out Sunday on a Mothers day ride and finally died:angry: Who is the cheapest and best marine mechanic around Rock Hill?

2. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    give me the sympthons maybe i can help.i have been a marine mech.for several yrs.

3. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    i live in rockhill and can help you out. pm for info

4. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina

5. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    take a fuel sample in a glass jar,this ethonol is causing all kind of hell on the fuel lines,check fire on each plug.if you dont find anything give me call tommorow 864-979-9542.

6. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    water in fuel gave me fits a couple week ago > i change plug .. fuel line thanking it was sucking air with new bulb on line .. tried sea foam ... then looked in my 6 gal tank and had moisture under my fuel cap water drops poured out fuel and refill and it cleared up. it was killing my 4 stroke.... I HATE THAT NEW GAS IT DRAWS MOISTURE

7. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Mark what can we do about the ethanol for prevention??

8. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Check your wires also. I had a 200 evenrude that had a bad wire and did about the same thing yours did. It would run fine at idle but once I got running it would bog down and I was losing a cylinder. At Idle it ran fine sometimes or would shut down and not start untill it cooled off. Replaced plugs and wires and no more problems.

I think there are a few additives on the market to help counteract the moisture problem. The marine stores carry it.

9. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    what ive seen its the older motors, 80s-mid 90s models the fuel lines will not hold up to the ethonol.this could be just from the age of the fuel lines.the new ones are susposed to be able to stand up to it but time will tell.prevention is the key.stabil makes a good additive and also starbrite. one bottle of starbrite treats 120 + gallons and at less than 15 bucks a bottle its good insurance not to have to see me.also keep your tank full.ethonol seeks out moisture. hope this helps good luck

10. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Mark, I agree with keeping the tank full, anything that don't get ran on a daily basis the tank should be kept full. Especially if it sets in direct sunlight during the day and then cools at night, that creates the moisture!!

Randy

11. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    randy your right on the money,i agee totally.

12. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for all the input on this subject. Got the boat fixed:big_smile: I took it to Johnnie Gardner in Rock hill. He does a great job at a resonable price.