I'm home from my tonsilectomy...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gibbzilla, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    The tonsilectomy was a success, and there were no complications. Although the pain is worse than I had expected, it's not as bad as my other operations. I still can't swallow hardly at all, so I can't eat a popsicle, which the surgeon recommended. I'm still dizzy since they had to give me a TON of anesthesia to put me down, so please excuse any grammatical errors. I just thought some of you might be interested, and I'll update y'all with my status tommorow.

Gibb.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, Gibby...
    Wow, sorry you had to go through that, but glad it's over! I bet you'll feel a whole lot better after a good night's sleep and tomorrow you can have your fill of popcicles and ice cream :smile2: Rest well and check back in when ya can!

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Darnit! I bet that hurts. Get to feelin' better quickly. There are fish to be caught.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hope you heal quickly brother. Prayers are sent.

5. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Well, last night I had to sleep on the couch and breathe through my mouth, so I'm feeling pretty awful this morning. I'm still unable to swallow, but the anesthesia has worn off quite a bit, so I can move around slowly. There's either a ton of phlegm in my throat, or I'm incredibly swollen. Anyways, thanks for the words and prayers.

Gibb.

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Still prayin here, Gibb... it's probably swelling, but just wondering whether you might need something to dry up drainage? Sure hope you can get some cold stuff down your throat to ease the discomfort. Will be thinkin about you... take care.

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Prayers from Nebraska Gibb. Try some ice cream, maybe that will help you out!

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I had one when I was young, As I recall it wasn't fun...7-up helps with the pain, good luck.

9. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    To anyone who's had one, is it normal to start throwin up on day 3?

10. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gibby, I don't know, but I'm sorry to say that you may have come down with some stomach virus on top of the other deal. If you can't keep down enough liquids, please check with the doc or urgent care cuz you don't want to get dehydrated. Do you have a fever?
    Sure hope this eases up for you real soon!

11. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Well I'm on day 4 now, and the only problem is pretty much dizzyness and a really sore throat. I'm not sick at my stomach anymore, which is a good thing, but my taste buds have messed up and I have the worst sour taste in the back of my mouth. I can see all kinds of white stuff around my uvula back there which is kinda gross. Bad thing is that I've been missin my fishing days over spring break! :angry:

Anyways, thanks for your kind words and keep the prayers goin please.

Thanks,
    Gibby.