I'm having withdrawals

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by gottafish, Feb 11, 2006.

1. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Man I wish I was fishing! This weather stinks. It was just a bit more than I wanted to deal with today.
    /Scott

2. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I agree Gotta, was thinking about going out today, said snow flurries possible. Heck got up and poof there was some flurries alright, about 4 inches of them. Seems like it isn't ever going to get to fishing time. I've been out 3 times so far, no fish but got to try out some new rods and reels. I think I would have been better off to have not went out, made it even worse with the wanting.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    And the sad part is there ain't no meds for this affliction either.

4. Yellowboat

Yellowboat New Member

State:
    carolina
    we rode to osborne yesterday and sat in the parking lot feeding the gulls french fries before we launched the boat waiting on bait, went after my personal best 75 pounds yesterday and all i caught was 3 gars !

5. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    At least you got some fish smell on ya :rolleyes:

/Scott

6. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    I hear ya Scott. Like I was tellin' ya before, the boat's having glasswork done, and I haven't wet a line in 2 months. I think I'm losin' it...

Might make the drive to Hatteras for grins and giggles though...:p Ain't Mr Whiskers, but it's pullage at least.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ha, ha...I went to hatteras a few weeks ago. Man they been tearing them up on the boats and around the beaches it's just a matter of being their at the right time and stuff. Nothing wrong with a big Striper, a killer fish.

I might go in a couple more weeks. Good luck, Zakk.:)

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I saw a three paragraph blurb on page two of the Richmond Paper the other day about a Company in Washington state that makes a fish lure. It's one of those sprays that claims to catch four times as many fish whatever the specie than untreated baits.

Being the huge sucker that I am I had to order some. I called Green Top and talked to Mickie in the fishing dept, he had never heard of it. The snake oil claim which I readily fell for was the spray that is odorless and tasteless actually coats the bait with a chemical that sucks up all UV light rays.

Supposedly, fish can see your bait, half a mile away under water glowing like a Christmas tree. I know the offshore commercial swordfish guys tie glow slicks to their baits and it works great.

It should come next week and I can't wait to try it. I will do the tests with spray and without and then report to the board. If I got duped yet once again, well, chalk it up to wishful thinking and I will surely get duped again.

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Intresting man. Cant wait to hear how it works! I was reading about how fish can see your fishing line from along way away. And they are making alot of lines now with a special UV protection coating over it. I think Cajun Red Lightning line was one of them. They also said line with that special coating on it would help stop the sun from damaging the line. They said that the sun really damages lines without that special protection and it decreses the breaking strength of the line.

Good luck!:)

10. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Well, I might be able to go ice fishing for the next few days up here in Manassas. By Friday the temperature is supposed to be in the 60s. Nothing like going from almost a foot of snow to 60s in the same week.

11. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hear ya gottafish. I wanted to fish today but the snow put a damper on it. where do you fish at?

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Went goose hunting on the upper James. Got my geese and found some nice looking spots in the river to try Flatheads this summer. Can't wait

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I'm glad things didn't work out for me to fish the James this weekend like I had wanted to do! The man upstairs must still be looking out for me. :)

14. eaglesfan00000

eaglesfan00000 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I can't wait just about a month longer.
    I can hear my line running.:cool: :p

15. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Bigblue - I like to fish the James anywhere from Jordan Point to Richmong, and the Chickahominy.

Flatheads - yeah - I gotta give them a try this summer.

/Scott

16. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Gottafish- Grew up in Deep Creek so I know where you're coming from. Fished Surry alot (years ago) Did real well on Blackwater and Nottoway. Moved to Danville and fish Buggs now and make it back to beach because still have family there. Fish there when I get chance, but usually saltwater. Don't forget about those Blues-Fish on-Gotta Go!
    /Barry-1bigblue