Im going to talk to a sixth grade class about the Military in the morning!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by chambers bd, Feb 10, 2009.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I have been asked to talk to a six grade class in the morning. I did it last year it was pretty cool!

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    great just dont flip out and go rambo on them lol lmao good luck

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck tomorrow Brian. Thats mighty fine of them to ask you a second time. :wink:

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Last year I was followed by a gen, and a US Congressman!

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    That's great I wish you lived close to me I'd get you to come visit with my classes. The only speakers I ask to mine are from the military. I know you'd be great!

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good for you, especially being invited back. I've had the opportunity a time or two. I didn't have much of a program tho, and it was my kids class. Its a great opportunity to plant a seed, making the recruiters job easier. They think about what ya say, and can ask questions of a recruiter when he comes. It makes it better than when they just show up and give a presentation. Hope you and the kids get a lot our of it.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Brian, perhaps at other times when I was in school servicemen visited and gave a talk.....but the ONLY one I really remember was in 6th grade. He was a WWII vet, and just FULL of stories - which he made interesting, enjoyable, and humorous; all at the same time. I have no doubt you've been invited back for those same reasons bro. You never know who you'll have an influence on. Really :cool2:, I wish you the best of luck!

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    No worries brother! It will be a great experience for them and very rewarding for you.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    That's great Brian!
    I bet you do an excellent job.

I remember a GI came to our school during WW2 promoting buying War Bond stamps. He passed out stamp books to everyone. War bond stamps cost a dime at the post office. After the book was full you could get a $18.75 war bond that would be worth $25 in ten years.

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I did that for my sons school on Vets day last year. Brought some of my certificates, ribbons and medals and such to show them.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pretty cool huh?:wink: I did it once for my oldest son's class when I got back from Iraq the second time. The look on my son's face while the rest of his class was clapping for me is something I will never forget.

12. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks,
    I just returned from the middle school in Gainesville, boy these children are very Smart, They asked great questions. The parents and teachers have done such great work! I took some coins, money, unit coins, and some other things. It was even filmed and will be keep at the history center in gainesville!

It is good knowing the generation that are following, really care!

I was already asked to come back next year!

Brian

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is absolutely wonderful,I think it's really cool that they keep inviting you back.:cool2::smile2:

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is absolutely wonderful,I think it's really cool that they keep inviting you back.:cool2::smile2:

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri