I'm Going to Share my Secret

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jun 12, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I READ IN A POST ON THE WEB ABOUT THROWING A SPOOL OF LINE IN A BUCKET OF WATER AT NIGHT AND WAITING TILL MORNING TO SPOOL IT ON YOUR SPINNING REEL SO I THOUGHT ABOUT OTHER ALTERNATIVES THAT WILL KEEP THE LINE LIMP ( 20 LB BBG IS STIFF DURING THE WINTER) UNTIL I GET IT TO THE WATER, CAUSE THEN IT DONT MATTER.... ( I FREELINE SHAD)

I THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR A WHILE AND THEN I WALKED INTO MY ROOM AND SAW THAT A BOTTLE OB MINERAL OIL FELL OVER AND COVERED THE TABLE..... I HAD SOME 80 LB MONO I USED TO PRATICE TYING KNOTS WITH ( SHOULD OF JUST BOUGH PANIO WIRE ):roll_eyes: AND WHEN IT WAS IN THE OIL IT WAS AS SOFT AS 10 LB LINE ( KINDA... U GET MY POINT )

AFTER THAT I STARTED OFF PUTTING A CAP FULL OF VEGGIE OIL ON THE SPOOL AND THE LINE SEEMED TO BE LIMPER......SO I TOOK OFF ALL THE LINE ONTO A EXTRA SPOOOL AND PUT IT IN OIL FOR 15 MIN... AND I THINK IT WAS AS LIMP AS IT CAN GET.......RESPOOLED AND THE MONO WAS LIKE BRAID.....

WHEN I HAVE TO PUT NEW MONO ON THE SMALLER REELS I DO THIS AND IVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.... I CAN SPOOL THE LINE TIGHTER THAN I COULD WHEN USING WATER AND THE LINE CAST FURTHER WHEN I FIRST GET TO THE PIER AFTER THAT THE LINE IS IN THE WATER AND IT STAYS LIMP........ SO ITS A WIN WIN SITUATION

IF UR CURIOUS HOW I DO THIS I BUY MONO IN A 1/4 LB SPOOL SO A SOUR CREAM CONTAINER WORKS FINE....1/2 LB SPOOL FITS IN A COFFEE CAN ALONG WITH A 1 LB SPOOL

MAKE A SMALL SLIT IN THE PLASTIC LIDS AND THREAD IT THROUGH ( ACTS LIKE A SCRAPER )

DO THIS OUTSIDE OR PUT THE CONTAINER IN A TRASHCAN INCASE IN GRABS OF SOMETHING AND SPILLS OVER :embarassed:

TRY IT AND SEE GOT NUTIN TO LOOSE !!!!!!!!!!!

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Real Magic works the same way also and won't deteriorate the line, which could happen with some oils.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Nice tip. Although I'm totally against putting anything on my line that might put off any kind of smell to the fish.

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    90 PERCENT OF THE TIME... I TAKE A SPRAY BOTTLE AND SPRAY THE LINE WITH WATER ......

I THINK IM GOING TO SWITCH TO BRAID SOON SO I WONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM......

I HAD SEVERAL POSTS ABOUT BRAIDS TO USE AND BRAIDS THAT CUT GUIDES BUT IM STILL LOOKING INTO IT.....