im going to lose friends cause of this post

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 21, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well i keep all the fish that i catch and i wanted to try a simple way to keep dip bait on the hooks.....( i had posts last year but that got too hard to manage )

STEP1 GET FOAM

STEP2 CUT CUBES 7/8" BY 7/8 "

STEP3 PUT ON #2 TREBLES HOOKS

STEP4 GO FISHING

NOW IM ALSO GOING TO TRY OUT DIFFERENT HOOKS BUT I GOT MY MONEY ON THE TREBLES

Attached Files:

• 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      15.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      17.1 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
  2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lmao. ya probably a few,lol. i dont use trebles anylonger just in case its to small or some reason i want to release it. but if there being kept they should work. i got tired of swollowed hooks and breaking trebs.

3. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Everyone has there right to fish. I CPR, its good for me and like to see others do it but I don't look down on someone if they don't.:wink:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a good setup. Nothing illegal or wrong about keeping your fish. Thanks for the post

5. Pillpeddler

Pillpeddler New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ya gotta gettem to the bank to gettem to the fryin pan:wink:

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i need to learn how to fish with braid....

when using trebles could u use them like circles.....lord knows that they are nothing alike :smile2: but will they set themselfs??????

thanks for the support all of you :wink:

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I cant tell ya anything about trebels ,Leroy . I quit using them years ago cept on my bass plugs. Cats seem to allways swallow the hook ,using trebels and thats why I dont use em. If I get a baby ,I am gonna let it go ,cant do that if they swallow a trebel. Oh yeah ,I anint gonna shun ya for this thread,Heck we ALL have opinions that matter,even if only to us.:wink:

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I THINK YOUR DOING FINE!

TIME WILL GUIDE YOU.

I HOPE THAT ALL GOOD BLESSES YOUR FAMILY!

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

BRIAN

:big_smile:

9. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    That oughta work, as far as keepin fish ya catch, no big deal as long as you follow the DNR rules about it.

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i use trebles down in yuma. usually give maybe 10 ft slack and then lock it down.sometimes less depending area fishing in. usually, the fish will hook themselves.
    as for using braid, that is another story. if you like to "rip the lips off", braid isn't the best for ya. not for the channel cats in havasu at least. it's a lot softer hook set i believe. just remember, that braid has no stretch. that's why i only have on one pole now. and it's on there for the area's that i fish that are so weedy i need line that will cut through it the easiest without breaking.
    as for you catching and eating, nothing wrong with that as long as you don't waste the fish. since you mainly catch channel cats there and so many, not hurting anything. i fish to eat also, but live alone so release most of mine. just don't need many anymore.
    gary

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I would believe that if you fished trebles as you woud a circle hook, your gonna have a lot of gut hooked fish. Course, if everything you catch is cleaned, there wouldn't be a problem of throwing it back into the water to die a slow death later. But, if there is a slight possibility that you won't clean everything, I'd try to catch them as they hit instead of letting them have the time to swallow the hook.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm 100% in agreement with Danny!!!:crazy::wink::smile2:

13. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Brother, I use trebles set up th EXACT same way you showed in your pics. I mainly catch 3-7 pounders that way, and I havent had one swallow th hook so far...now your larger fish might, dont know. I usualy set mine under a float about 4-7 ft in 15 ft of water where I know blues and/or channles will most likely be present. when you see th float start to take off and go under th surface just a bit, reel in as fast as you think neccesary till you see th line become taught, then pull back to set th hook, then th fight should be on. like I said, this tech, usually produces eaters...3-7 lb'ers. want larger fish, try different bait, and by all means listen to th older generation, THEY KNOW THERE S**T. thats my $.02.

14. roostermandave

roostermandave New Member

State:
    Cypress Bayou, ARKANSAS
    nice set up, but i doubt it would work where i fish t many big alagator gars plus gators,,,,lol

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    you dont need anything with danny kings bait. that stuff STAYS on the hook, guaranteed! i even use it on a single hook sometimes and it stays. the foam works good on the runny baits though.

16. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

im thinking about trying punch bait in a while when i make a order at catconnection:wink:

so far i know that hogwild premo works like a charm everytime so i havent decided

17. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

do u got any ideas about catching them on a bottom rig( slipsinker or carolina rig ).... im gona try leaving the bail open and watching the line pealing off..... then flick the bail and a niece soft lift with the pole... or back the drag off and do the same....

18. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    wow glad to see a thread where nobody jumped on him for saying he keeps everything, finally we are getting somewhere!!!!!

19. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I never caught a cat over 5lbs with stinkbait CPR or not is your choice .

20. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

it was shocking for me too !!!