I'm glad

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by 223reload, Feb 19, 2008.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just a thought. I'm glad there are so many CPR fisherfolk here. Because so many are using the new fangled locaters nowdays,with this kind of cheatin ,wouldnt take long to decimate the population,I think thats why most bass fishermen are the same way. I eat most of all the fish I catch ,oh well.

2. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    Maybe you should think about throwin some of the fish you catch back. Then you could catch them again when they are bigger. A population will not be decimated if selective harvest is observed. Cheatin is such a harsh accusation to someone that uses the "fangled locaters". I prefer to hunt and locate the fish myself rather than cast blindly hoping one swims by.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It sure makes a man think-I am gonna start cpr this year over 10lb-befor this year I ate what I caught or threw it back so......

4. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    cheatin, i dont know of a fish that was hooked by a finder. it might help you find them and rest is up to you. if the fish arent feeding you arent going to get them. if you want to kill all the fish you get, well there your fish do what you want with them. the finders dont reduce the numbers of fish out there. harvest of fish do. i dont understand the cheatin part. its just a aid, much like the better hooks & line, poles , reels. jmo

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Richard, you've gone and done it, now. The lid is off!:smile2:

6. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Here in Iowa the DNR puts a catch limit and a posession limit on fish.
    They sure have more information about fish populations that we do so I'll leave it up to them.
    have a good one
    just

7. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah i agree with ya about the locaters,i think its cheatin to.to me thats the lazy way,takes no skill to find them,yes you still have to catch them but if there hungry there gonna eat but the idea is to develop a i guess you can call it skill or gain experience on how to locate them without those things.Kinda battle of witts,you against the fish.Makes it more exciting i think.
    But this does open a can of worms because if im not mistakin there was a thread on here before about something similar and it got a little heated.but everyone has a right to there own opinion.and this was my humble opinion:wink:

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    To me, fishing without one would be like puting on a blindfold and trying to drive a truck.
    I guess it all depends on what kind of water you fish.
    Take for instance...... The Ohio River or the Mississippi!!
    The Ohio River and Mississippi have vast areas in which to fish and if you don't have one of these "Gadgits" in your boat, you will spend more money on gas, spend less time fishing (because of always having to move because the fish ain't where you are). When I go fishing I like to fish not, waste time.
    Now if you are fishing small lakes, streams, creeks and rivers....
    The need for one of these gadgits is far less. Those smaller areas are easier to read and don't take as long to luck-up on some fish.
    Also....
    If you have one in your boat, you will be less apt to run up on a shallow area and lose a prop or even worse...A lower unit!!!

If I thought that they were a tool used for cheating, they wouldn't be allowed in our tournaments.

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    JW I totally agree with you, but if you don't calm down your going to pop a button.:smile2:

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Na, I ain't pop'n no buttons, LOL!!!

I just think that people should think about things before they go around calling people cheaters. Doing a little reasearch before they call it cheating!!!!

Those that think that way either:
    Don't fish big water
    can't afford one
    don't know how to use one

Even if you have one, the fish still have to bite, LOL!!!

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No one has to worry about me decimatin' anything...:smile2:

12. Goofy

Goofy Member

State:
    Moline, Illinois
    I use a depthfinder/locator. Only wish I really knew how to use it.

13. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I also agree with J W it aint cheatin !!!!!!!!

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    JW I have my spoon out sure you aint poppin:wink:Been runnin round blind fer years -I am a simple man and all this tech stuff confuses me:eek:oooh:but I have a old eagle I hardly ever use

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Shame!Shame!Shame!:wink:

These things are a computer with a computer screen or monitor attached.You used a computer and screen to send your post.They happen to use a computer to fish.Some can not do math without a computer.Some can not fish with out one.Some are honest about it.Some make excuses.

Please consider the mentally and physically challenged and the drug addicted.(Many cannot fish without alcohol.check old threads & post)

It is not nice to point out such in others.Many already know this.The others will never learn or admit to it no matter how many times it is pointed out to them.

I can use the terms cripple,stupid,retarded,ignorant,lazy and such because they apply to me and I realize it.I also have the official paper work and have been recognized as such by the US government.Many of these folk do not even know that they are in such a condition.

I believe you are wrong about the cheating.Some are computers for commercial fishermen and some are for the handicapped sport fishermen.You can tell the ones made for the mentally challenged as they can show a picture of a fish.They don't need to put that on the commercial ones made for normal people.They have the ability to learn to use them.

Please remember.Just because "you have" the patience,desire,intelligence and ability to catch fish without a computer,many do not.

Have you ever thought why they only fish for big fish?It is because they show up the best on that computer screen they are watching!You got to be smarter to find the little good eating ones.

The early "flasher" depth/fish finders were too complicated for these folk.You had to be able to read and follow instructions.

The modern ones are made where you just have to be smart enough to watch TV and punch the AUTO button or key.The folks that needed them were so dumb that they even had to put a picture of a fish on it so they would know it was a fish.

OK.Lets get politically correct here.Please remember.Expressing your thoughts openly may offend.

Honesty offends many.

You should have compassion for the handicapped,unskilled,inept and those too lazy to learn to fish.

Please remember.Some just ain't got it!

Would you have these folk spending years between fish?

Perhaps you should have said "Replacing observation,patience,knowledge,skill,intelligence,ability and the desire to learn" with "impatience,electricity,a computer and artificial intelligence in place of human".Please remember that people only use such aids because they NEED them.Have you noticed that most of them use and highly promote the easy casting reels that you don't have to learn to cast to use?Hey!Cave men have a right to fish too.This is the USA.People too impatient or too lazy to learn have a right to catch fish!

Please remember.Some do not have the ability to fish without such aids.As a handicapped individual,I do understand these handicapped individuals and their special needs.

Many find it embarrassing when questioned and make up all kinds of excuses.

Many who run the "The rivers" at reckless speeds and do not know how to read moving water actually believe that a transducer mounted on the back of a boat will tell them what is ahead.Our leader Paul can tell you that is a myth!

It also keeps some from running "Blindfolded" as apparently they can not see father than arms length and use the computer screen to navigate by.I agree that GPS is great BUT it does not replace looking where you are going or learning to"read water"!(Some old fools will not admit to needing glasses).

Now some on here use them for Commercial fishing in their tournaments.And before they deny this as commercial fishing they need to look up the words.Also being the prizes are all of cash value.the US of A government thinks so and makes them claim it on their income taxes.Amateurs do not claim or deduct fishing money.

Please think about all of this Richard.

Now I have no compassion for the ones who are just too sorry and lazy to learn how to fish or even cast.

Oh,how I love the BOC.I once had a Monkey that could entertain me for hours.I do believe that he could fit right in with us here on the BOC.:wink:

There is a rest of the story to this.:big_smile:

I love you Brothers and sisters,both sinners & saints.peewee

16. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well i for one am stuck on the bank (for the moment) but it wont be long before i get me a cheap old boat and one of the things i make sure is on it is a depth/fish finder. why do you ask? Because out here on the colorado, the sandbars are constantly changing and if you arenet careful you will go from being in 10 ft of water to about 6 inches and chopping up your prop and getting your boat stuck. it also helps locate holes where the fish may be holding and helps me increase my catch ratio. and just so you know, i do not keep any fish, regardless of size, unless they are gut hooked, which doesnt happen often. so, if i am considered cheating by using a new fangled depth/fish finder, then lock me up and throw away the key.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

I have caught thousands of smaller fish over the years and I can tell you this much, they are alot easier to catch than the bigger fish. I am not lazy, I am not illiterate nor am I unable to read the river in which I fish. I don't appreciate that enuendo.
    With todays fuel prices, one cannot afford to be cruising all over the river trying to find them blindly. If it saves me money, it allows me to go more often.
    Hey I got an Idea.... Let's go back to the stoneage and handwrite letters instead of typing on this site. What is the difference? I'll tell you what it is Technology has provided us with the tools to do what we do, Better than before.

18. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    its not cheating .. knowing how many cards are in a deck isnt cheating.. marking the cards is. so unless these "gadgits" are marking the hungry fish and telling you what they want. your just making sure you got a full deck.

19. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    *********giggle********:smile2:

20. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Well said.

Now run for your life! :crazy:

LOL