im getting a new bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by santeecat12, Jul 31, 2006.

1. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    hey guys getting a youth bow with 20lb pull back pressure i was just wandering do yall guys thank it will be a good bow and what will it kill and how far will it shoot with 20lb pressure. do you guys think it will kill a fair size deer.i hope it will cause i might go deerhunting with it and all that money i would spend on it lol.

btw im getting it from walmart

2. Bullseye017

Bullseye017 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    first of all you might first want to check your local hunting laws because in most states its illegal to deer hunt w/ any bow less than a 40lb draw weight. with a bow that has only a 20 lb draw you could legally shoot carp and probably bull frogs. It sounds like a good target shooting and beginning bow............good luck with your bow to be

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    here in ky you can hunt with any poundage on a bow you want but if you're huntin i'd take it out for squirrels.....that's great practice....if you're gonna deer hunt you gotta have SHARP broadheads and CLOSE shots.....i'd say no more than 10 yards.....

4. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Well personally I wouldnt try to kill a deer with anything less than 35 from no more than 15 yards. I highly suggest getting a bow that has ALOT of adjustment so it will fit you when you get bigger. I used to have a Browning Micro Midas. It was a really good bow to start out with. I missed my first deer with it. (not because of the bow i just could not hold still):embarassed:

5. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    i agree with the others on this one...i started out hunting with a 40# bow.
    35# is the legal limit here. 20# is a bit low,i just dont think itll have enough "umph" to get any penitration, check around on ebay and im sure you can find a bow better suited for hunting in your price range,check out some of the PSE bows,myself i dont care much for PSE but they do have a pretty good selection of youth bows. good luck to ya.

6. santeecat12

santeecat12 New Member

State:
    gastonia,nc
    thanks for all the info guys...i really needed the info