I'm falling apart

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chief, May 29, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    life sucks i havent caught any sort of catfish in over a month. blew $200 i didnt have on a motor that was "supposed" to run fine and lately my girlfriend of over 2 years has been avoiding me:sad2:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sucks bro, got to take the good with the bad. Happens to all of us, just go out, relax, and go fishing. Remember, it could be worse, you could be a ba$$ fisherman. LMAO

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, Clayton, do what i do - i try to always remember that there are people in burn units that wish they had my problems. we have to be alive to complain, so it could always be worse.

i am sitting at the keyboard because of a nasty thigh injury i inflicted on myself, and i may not get to fish again til fall. the bills are piling up - i haven't worked to speak of in 3 weeks.

at least i am self-employed and i'll have a job when i do get well. it can always be worse, my friend....want to trade problems?:smile2:

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey there brother I have been down and kicked around at times in my life. I have learned that you must try to set goals in life and try your best. You may and will fail at times but if you keep a positive attatude you will ultimatly succeed! Believe me it's the truth. Good luck and don't give up!

5. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i'm about this close <------> to going to walmart and getting a package of channel cat fillets!

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

don't do it, Chief! come to my house and i'll thaw some out for you - or you could go to mellons place and have bass fillets:lol:

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I did not know there was any other place to get them. LMAO People actually catch those things??

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Maybe after dinner you could go feed that motor to the guy that said it runs great.

9. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hear ya. I haven't fished much lately. Whet today and was Skunk. Dang near a 100 bucks for the whole day. I just love getting out there but i cant afford to waste money. aint worth it anymore. A cast or 2 is always good for me. Then its time to go to a place where I get all I can eat for 12 bucks with all the fixings and mansion jar beer. Still aint nothing like catching my own and all the stuff, fun of getting r done.
    Lake had plenty of toys on it today. Lots of fancy. Also lots of trash to pick up.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Let me ask a question. All the Gathering I read and hear of, I dont remember anyone saying having a fish fry for a main meal. I aint going camping and fishing without a fish fry.
    Does catfishing people still camp and have a good O family fish fry?

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hang in there, I have had a bad year also.

12. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Dano,I am having a family fish fry on the 17th of june.Between my parents,sisters,and their kids I should have around 30 people.That should thin out my freezer some.LOL

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas

Enjoy the good times, have some good eating and family fun. I bet it will be good. Thanks for posting that.
    I would Rp ya but I got a spread.

14. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Clayton,Life is full of ups and downs.You have got to work through the downs and live high on the ups.Life is too short not to make the best of it.
    Don't set and worry about it,do something about it and get back on the up side of life.
    :smile2:

15. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Man life is great, their are plenty of fish, plenty of women, and as far as that outboard you'll get it fixed. You just got to be positive, when you get down, theres only one way to go, and thats up.

16. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Sorry to hear about all your bad luck but keep your head up and it will get better!

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Amen on both of those, Jess.

Chief, I'd throw you a life preserver but mine is a piece of drift wood, being eaten by termites. J/K........ Sorry about your troubles. Do something you enjoy doing just for the sake of doing it......that's what people advise. Hope it helps. Take care and remember: "every day above ground is a good day!" No matter how bad it seems.

18. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Hang in there Clayton. I lost my wife of 20yrs (divorce), lost my house, my credit, my son part time and my daughter got married to a guy I don't care too much for and she moved to Illinois. All from August 05 to January 06. I was going down and i was going down fast. Hang in there things WILL get better. I promise.
    My only problem now is I can't catch big enuff fish to win any tournaments.

19. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    well things seem to be getting better. talked to my woman on the phone and things are working themselves out, i'll make her dinner that should help. i'm just gonna forget the damn motor for now and if it doesnt rain i'm gonna throw some lines out tomorrow evening and break this no catfish none sense

20. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Clayton PM me I ve got good boat and motor but my Jimmy won't keep running long enough to haul it and I have had hard luck bank fishing this year. No cats in the usaull plaaces(dam keyboarf don't evein waent to woork ri ght) SMile it caould be worst see whaaat ii mine. haha :lol: :pudency: :doubt: :cry: :big_smile_2: :smile: :confident: :still_dreaming: :cross: :0a26: :0a36: